Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
APEX LCD

Tower
New User

Dec 13, 2004, 3:16 AM

Post #1 of 4 (4154 views)
Shortcut
APEX LCD Can't Post

I was in circuit city the other day looking at the sharp Aquious. I saw sitting right next to it a LCD Tv called Apex. Picture was almost as good. Price tag was better. I did notice the sharp comes with a video box and the apex has all its wire connections built in the back. Anyone have any feed and this brand?

denonjapan
Veteran

Dec 13, 2004, 5:18 AM

Post #2 of 4 (4147 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tower] APEX LCD [In reply to] Can't Post

You were attracted to APEX better than SHARP AQOUS are you?. Personally, I was once. It's the brightness issue. Apex excells almost blinding and clarity over the sharp. isn't it?.

No matter what brand, specifications is all there is to consider prior to decision. Sometimes we choose aesthetics over functionaly, Brand name over generic ones. But Remember! Brand names always offers true Quality interior parts, electronics and cranftmanship. Therefore, you pay reliability long term set forth on almost any brand names. (which you should!).

APEX came out not just too long ago. Basically, on generic side of smaller sizes manufacturing Computer LCD screens, affordable than the rest of the competition. Along with LG, TICO, DAEWOO, VIEWSONIC, KOMODO, NAGA, SVGECKO, SCEPTRE. you ask me! these are the affordable lines manufactured and distributed from TAIWAN, CHINA, and KOREA....other than that! I have nothing further how affordables endure the test of time, Parts availability and warranty applies and all that.

Sharp offers the MONITOR and HDTV box separately which is wise idea in case of service. Well-built, most of all, Japanese made. No other country, Japan Quality and realibility can!.

Tower
New User

Dec 13, 2004, 11:17 PM

Post #3 of 4 (4141 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] APEX LCD [In reply to] Can't Post

Well thankyou for your reply. Yes I must say that the apex side by side the sharp had a very good picture. Sometimes I thought it to be better. But yes,how will it stand the test of time? Good question. You would want to think that you would get all those perks with a name brand as you posted. Sometimes I wonder.

Well I will add syntax to your list of no names. But Dell is a good known company. How do you feel about dell. Perhaps give up alittle quality for price and still buy from a company that you can trust. Any thoughts on dell,anyone.

denonjapan
Veteran

Dec 14, 2004, 4:16 AM

Post #4 of 4 (4138 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tower] APEX LCD [In reply to] Can't Post

Dell?. They specialized in computer technology. When I think of DELL in hometheater category? it's a NO NO! personally.

Im assuming your question as if DELL in Plasma TV or LCD right?. I have seen DELL's products as mentioned but I'm pretty sure they have their own reputation but they're genesis of affordables as well. Not necessarily competetive towards FUJITSU,SONY, PIONEER, PANASONIC, MITSUBISHI, NEC, SHARP, ZENITH, JVC, TOSHIBA, & HITACHI.

I would never give up quality over price regardless of any affordables out there. To each his own but who benefits the decision whether spending less of the same size or pay higher for quality? ( YOU! ) know what Im saying?. knowing, there's better out there and confident enough. atleast, nothing worries you in the future.

I have respect for APPLE MC'INTOSH (if you aware). Their LCD's can be the epitome of high-end price offerings like RUNCO, VIDIKRON, REVOX, BANG & OLUFSEN, ELECTROGRAPH but these companies doesn't mean perfection either!.

NEC/ MITSUBISHI is merged companies and it's the best LCD manufacturer I have ever seen at the moment.

PANASONIC, FUJITSU, and MITSUBISHI's are Plasmas best especially PANASONIC topped my lists. Price is endearing as well.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)