Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
Advice please, would like to hear from as many as possible

adamo0926
New User

Apr 21, 2006, 4:12 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1845 views)
Shortcut
Advice please, would like to hear from as many as possible Can't Post

Ok....sometimes it's better to listen to actual consumers than the "experts". So I am asking here for your experiences and your opinions.

I am about to buy a 42" HDTV Plasma and I have narrowed my choices down to 2. One is the Panasonic TH-42PX60U and the other is the Hitachi 42HDT52.

I have done much research online and have read many rave reviews about Panasonic plasma. Specifically, they are said to have the best "black levels" of any plasma TV. I have viewed these 2 sets side by side in the store and if I looked really hard I thought I could see a bit more detail on the Panasonic in darker scenes. But it looked as if the difference was not all that great. The Hitachi has more features and is definitely more aesthetically pleasing with it's jet back appearance. This Panasonic is the new generation of Panasonics and it replaces the widely respected TH-42PX50U. This new generation does not include a slot for a cable card, which the 50U did include. The Hitachi includes the cable card slot.

Have any of you owned Hitachi or Panasonic plasmas ? If so, what is your opinion of them ? Should I heed the advice of the so called "experts" and go with the Panasonic because of the excellent black levels or is that really not that important in scheme of things ? How is your plasma when viewing SDTV sources ? In the store, there did not seem to be much difference at all between the Panasonic and Hitachi when I asked the salesman to switch the source to an SDTV cable channel. It also seemed that the audio from the Hitachi was better than the Panasonic. But when it comes to the "black levels", could there be some sources that have a lot of dark scenes where the Panasonic would significantly outperform the Hitachi ?

I would love to get as many of your thoughts and opinions as possible....especially from Panasonic and Hitachi plasma owners.

Thank you in advance for your help Smile

(This post was edited by adamo0926 on Apr 21, 2006, 4:14 AM)

denonjapan
Veteran

Apr 21, 2006, 6:26 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1836 views)
Shortcut
Re: [adamo0926] Advice please, would like to hear from as many as possible [In reply to] Can't Post

What I don't understand is: You had seen them side by side! I don't see your point accross seeking an advice from others or does it matter who says what and in the end it's not what we choose for right you. If you have greater eye on HITACHI go for it, who cares? get something that TRULY satisfy your needs. No one can take over that through good or bad, or neutral advice....go back to that store: only this time! thru their remote control? try navigate it's function. You will then tell which one right for you!

denonjapan

made in japan

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)