Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
Better Plasma TV Samsung or LG?

ch4rd71
New User

Sep 12, 2005, 3:48 PM

Post #1 of 5 (2385 views)
Shortcut
Better Plasma TV Samsung or LG? Can't Post

Ey, i'm planning to buy a plasma tv. I'm choosing between Samsung and LG. Here in the Philippines, LG has a 42px4rv model, while in Samsung, it has the 42d5s model. Both TV's have a 10:000:1 contrast ratio, 1500 cd/m brightness. I'm not choosing other brands because im limiting my budget, and these two are the ones that fit into my budget (and coincidentaly have both exactly the same price). Any suggestions? thanx

denonjapan
Veteran

Sep 13, 2005, 5:00 AM

Post #2 of 5 (2370 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ch4rd71] Better Plasma TV Samsung or LG? [In reply to] Can't Post

You just raised a good example to everyone here!. let me ask you first! How many hd channels available in your country?. Wink yes I doubt it!!!!!!!!!!Your confusion between the 2 model shouldn't even matter whicH one you choose cause those were far superior than EDTV's units imported abroad (U.S. or EUROPE). However!Korean quality is coincidentally a budget quality!

Denonjapan

made in japan

ch4rd71
New User

Sep 13, 2005, 8:07 AM

Post #3 of 5 (2364 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] Better Plasma TV Samsung or LG? [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh, here in the philippines i believe we don't have HD channels yet.. and i doubt there will be any soon.. anyway, so which of the two would u prefer? what do u mean by budget quality?

denonjapan
Veteran

Sep 14, 2005, 3:47 AM

Post #4 of 5 (2351 views)
Shortcut

Frankly I have no preference between the 2 displays. Mainly when you mentioned you have limited budget, that's not good. GOOD IS NO GOOD to me!.

I sensed! you have topped choices above but probably you are not willing / and waiting a litle more time is not your priority at the moment. till you obtain THE ONE! you really like! I must tell you" don't settle for second best". you will regret it. You will end up spending more to satisfy that lost-regret-feeling you should have done in the first place........take your time and save till you're ready.

what do I mean that budget quality? how many times you went shopping and you end up buying something you didn't like? Just bec. It's affordable, thinking you got a good deal...knowing deep inside it's not what you really wanted? Can you relate to that?..what do I mean is: don't deny yourself from deception, if you know you work hard, Budget isn't good idea. ALL OR NOTHING!

Denonjapan

made in japan

Robroy
User

Sep 15, 2005, 4:19 PM

Post #5 of 5 (2326 views)
Shortcut

I like the LG better than the Samsung plasma. LG has came a long way in a short time and makes very good products. I have an LG Plasma and I am very happy with it. I have never been very impressed with Samsung plasmas. here are my manufacturer rankings for Plasmas:

1: Pioneer: expensive but you get what you pay for.

2. Panasonic: Their industrial models are better than their consumer models.

3. Hitachi: Quality product, mostly high end though.

4. Fujitsu: Yes Fujitsu, check them out, they make some sweet plasma TVs.

5. Toshiba: A good all around product.

6. LG: Not quite as good as the top 5 but very competitively priced, their Plasma TV carry a industry best 2 year warranty. All 6 brands don't suffer from burn in if you are careful and turn the contrast and brightness down and each are rated about 60,000 hours.

My top 4 LCD brands:

1. Sony: They are moving away from Plasma to focus on LCD and LCOS which they call they SXRD. They are positioning themselves for the future nicely.

2. Sharp: They make excellent LCD TVs, with an industry first 45 inch LCD.

3. Samsung: They make a ton of nice LCDs and have the best selection of DLP TVs.

4. LG: Yep looking side by side with the top dogs they look almost as good and much cheaper.

(This post was edited by Robroy on Sep 20, 2005, 10:44 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)