Complete Newbie with low funds

Chris Morse
New User

Jan 28, 2005, 2:46 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1532 views)
Shortcut
Complete Newbie with low funds Can't Post

Hi there,
I've been searching the web for a decent Plasma forum and have just been reading a lot of posts here.
I like this forum and joined for 1 reason, people are giving the cheaper Plasmas a chance.
OK, I'm not a newbie to home cinema, I've been following an upgrade plan for a couple of years now. i replaced my old amp with a Denon 3803, and my higgeldy piggeldy speakers with a Velodyne Deco set (with an extra 3 sattelites for full 7.1 surround).
My last step (I hope) is the screen. I've been debating over a DLP RPTV for ages but I have a friend who told me to take the Plasma route because I'd have changed the bulb 5 times before a Plasma would be going out.
Now,I've been saving up and I reckon next month I'll have saved 1K, but as you know that does'nt get you much....or does it?
Because I've been looking at Tiny, Vision and Goodmans plasma's, which are all the ones that members of other forums would probably tell me to steer clear of.
So, has anyone got some advice?
I will not be using the speakers if it comes with them, I would like to connect via SVid lead and probably mount it on the wall (is this the cheaper option over a stand?)
A big first post I know, and sorry for the long explanation but if anyone can give me some time and experience I'll be very grateful.
many thanks in advance
Chris

tonybrentwood
New User

Jan 29, 2005, 11:47 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1524 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris Morse] Complete Newbie with low funds [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Chris,

You might like to look at the Goodmans thread in the forum, lots of opinions and avice there. I bought three, I paid £900 each from Argos, but now they are £1299. In my opinion the picture is a s good as any of the premium £2000+ brands, sound is fine, looks are great. Anybody who sees it for the first time says 'WOW'. Most of the people who bought the Goodmans P£ have had problems, but the new P$ is apparently problem free. See the post I have just placed re Argos .

Bye,

Tony.

Chris Morse
New User

Jan 29, 2005, 1:03 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1522 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tonybrentwood] Complete Newbie with low funds [In reply to] Can't Post

Many thanks for theadvice TonySmile

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.16 s on (CGI/1.1)