Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
ESA plasma?

KYLE996
New User

Jun 13, 2005, 11:10 PM

Post #1 of 5 (3780 views)
Shortcut
ESA plasma? Can't Post

i have seen esa plasmas at best buy for about $2000 are these any good the picture does not look as good as the others i have looked at. i have also heard roomers that all the plasmas are made buy 1 or 2 companys and they only are good for 10 years is this true and are there any other issues with these tv's than the picture

Robroy
User

Jun 14, 2005, 6:14 AM

Post #2 of 5 (3772 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KYLE996] ESA plasma? [In reply to] Can't Post

Plasma's are a great TV, I love mine. If you buy a new one from a reputable manufaturer you should be able to get 12-18 years of good viewing out of it. Just don't leave it on overnight or when no one is watching it. I would stay away from ESA and some of them cheapo brands and stay with the good companies. I would fork over a little more money and get a little better one (brand). I would recommend Panasonic, Pioneer and Hitachi with LG and the Dell as good alternatives. I would also get an HDTV and not an EDTV, because in 2 or 3 years there will be an abundunce of HDTV programming and even the DVDs will be HD-DVD.

jr1229
New User

Jun 16, 2005, 6:51 PM

Post #3 of 5 (3751 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Robroy] ESA plasma? [In reply to] Can't Post

The only thing I noticed is a dark movie, this TV does not seperate shades well.

Robroy
User

Jun 17, 2005, 6:27 AM

Post #4 of 5 (3747 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jr1229] ESA plasma? [In reply to] Can't Post

Dark movie? This TV? What exactly are you refering to?

jr1229
New User

Jun 17, 2005, 11:27 AM

Post #5 of 5 (3744 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Robroy] ESA plasma? [In reply to] Can't Post

Just what I said, if you are watching a movie with a lot of dark scenes, (night) it does not seperate shades very well.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)