Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
LG Plasma Color Bar

special forces1
New User

Sep 20, 2005, 3:43 AM

Post #1 of 4 (2624 views)
Shortcut
LG Plasma Color Bar Can't Post

I have a color bar coming and going on the left side of the screen.Sometimes yellow sometimes pink. Whats happening?

Here's what it looks like http://members.cox.net/...orces/tv_problem.jpg

Robroy
User

Sep 20, 2005, 10:42 PM

Post #2 of 4 (2615 views)
Shortcut
Re: [special forces1] LG Plasma Color Bar [In reply to] Can't Post

Denonjapan might know better, but I would think defective TV.

denonjapan
Veteran

Sep 21, 2005, 1:12 AM

Post #3 of 4 (2606 views)
Shortcut
Re: [special forces1] LG Plasma Color Bar [In reply to] Can't Post

It looks like a pretty newly purchased. Dont waste any more time to exchange while you can. This is late detection during q.c process. I can't speak much about LG's ( LIFE's GOOD ) stands their slogan....

The problem is: the address electrode ( very thin 1 1/2 inch wide filmlike ) VERTICAL to that area, wasn't properly joint to the electric element from the plasma glass that charge where it addresses the area of the screen.The color changes yellow and pink causes when insufficient charge and discharge of voltages where the address pixels color to that area doesn't lit up properly due to loose connection. Have you seen the anatomy of a PLASMA display?....The edges (top, buttom and each sides under the bezel are like rounded with films. Those are the address electrode of the entire screen.

The longer you use this way definitey subject your display to early burn-in. it's unfortunate that happened during assembly which is PURE computer controlled error from the assembly line. The problem wasn't visible to you then when it was new, no one ever did, but it's there!.... I have no idea how KOREAN or CHINA's facility are strict to those rules as far as their product undergoes EXTREME laboratory / U.L. testing before shipping it abroad.

There's no way you can fixed those problems. Chances is zero to slim. Only your 30 day return/exchange warranty could save you if those restrictions still applies. Those problems here in JAPAN during the early production of plasma tv when occurred it's a NO NO. Back to recycle. That's why they cost too much!

denonjapan

made in japan

special forces1
New User

Sep 21, 2005, 1:41 AM

Post #4 of 4 (2604 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] LG Plasma Color Bar [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks the TV is still under warrenty and LG I hope will

honor their warrenty,

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)