Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
LG RZ-42px11 plasma colour problem

mclar3n
New User

May 20, 2011, 12:01 PM

Post #1 of 5 (9395 views)
Shortcut
LG RZ-42px11 plasma colour problem Can't Post

SmileHello there can any one give me some advice on my LG Rz42px11 plasma tv which has given 5 years of service and now has a problem with the colours on the screen it seems very grey with flicks of colour flashing on and off is this a sign that the plasma has gone or is it something repairable here is a link to some pictures of the fault any help would be great otherwise its off to the tip for it!
http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx189/mcclarenf1/photo.jpg

marciohernandez
New User

Oct 3, 2011, 11:16 PM

Post #2 of 5 (8029 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mclar3n] LG RZ-42px11 plasma colour problem [In reply to] Can't Post

The very same thing happen to me and I'm trying to find out how to fix it if there's a way. I have contacted LG about it and the bad part is that they will send you to an LG dealer near your area for ordering parts, requesting service or consultation. They will not engage with customers regarding repairs, "bad service" if you ask me. I'm still trying to figure it out how to fix it or just get rid of it and buy a new one. If you have resolve your problem, please kindly send me an email on how you did it 'cause my problem is the same as yours and has also five years service. Thanks in advance. My email is malinike@live.com

Gandrewc
New User

Oct 13, 2011, 7:06 PM

Post #3 of 5 (7932 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mclar3n] LG RZ-42px11 plasma colour problem [In reply to] Can't Post

A never ending problem with plasmas i'm afraid. The flaw which seems to occur more frequently in LG's is that they continuously attempt to build slimmer TV's. A slimmer TV means in less space between components which results in not enough heat loss. This causes the resistance in the wires to increase and as a consequence a loss of quality in picture, colour, sound etc. Unfortunately, as this does not seem to be a one off, I feel that a solution to fix the problem would not be a permanent one, and so can only recommend a new TV. If Plasma is your thing then stick to Panasonic's, although I would recommend some of the thicker LED's. Take a look at this 50 inch plasma from panasonic or these 42 inch screens. I know a thin screen does look better and makes for easier mounting, but you really are comprimising the lifespan for the look.

(This post was edited by Gandrewc on Oct 13, 2011, 7:10 PM)

jts1957
Veteran

Oct 13, 2011, 10:08 PM

Post #4 of 5 (7923 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gandrewc] LG RZ-42px11 plasma colour problem [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought that when there isn't enough heat loss that the electrons become more "frisky." They then flow through the wires and components faster generating even more heat which then causes parts to fail.Wink

-------------------------

Gandrewc
New User

Oct 14, 2011, 2:02 AM

Post #5 of 5 (7919 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] LG RZ-42px11 plasma colour problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Im just a physicist not an electronic techinician so I dont know what the agreed upon theory for why components fail is but I don't think the electrons would move that much faster by a small change in temp, they're too small to care, its more to do with the lattice structure that they are moving through. The lattice will vibrate more at higher temps causing more collisions between them and the electrons. I think I'd have to go into quantum mechanics to explain this further and I hate the idea of phonons.
More collisions then causes a greater increase in heat as kinetic energy is transferred to thermal, at which point components can become permanently altered, and problems will begin to occur, slowly and then suddenly.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.18 s on (CGI/1.1)