Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
NEVER BUY FROM DTV

meeru
New User

Oct 13, 2005, 10:32 PM

Post #1 of 5 (2173 views)
Shortcut
NEVER BUY FROM DTV Can't Post

After reading the excellent product review at plasmatvbuyingguide and customers reviews in this site, i selected dtvctiy to be the vendor where i go to purchase the PHD42 panasonic model. I placed the order last night and everything seemingly went thru like a charm. Then i rang them this morning to confirm if everything is good and if it would be processed today? They gave me a voicemail, telling me that if i leave a detailed message someone will get back to me. I did and no response was received till i left work 530pm. I then proceeded to ring them and i was told that the order has been processed and it will ship out today. However, when i got home, a message had been left on my home number(earlier in the morning) that the order was on hold due to some fraud prevention and they needed to me to fax my utility bill or something. I then rang them again inquiring why i wasnt told this when i had rang them earlier on multiple occasions. The manager told me that its not thier fault and there are 2 different departments. Then he laughed at me and said we dont want your business and hung up. Then i proceeded to check my bank account, the money had been withdrawn and i rang chase. They said they cant do anything for 5 days and after that i would have to submit a claim. All in all dtv screwed me big time, they are incompetent and their staff has no courtesy for their customers. I am now waiting and hoping they release my money and i am also going to report this matter to BBB.

denonjapan
Veteran

Oct 14, 2005, 7:28 AM

Post #2 of 5 (2162 views)
Shortcut
Re: [meeru] NEVER BUY FROM DTV [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think it's appropriate for you to encourage this banning just bec. DTV and your behalf didn't work out. Before I go on! Let me tell you something! when ordering PANASONIC display these days? It's likely you would be on waiting list due to large quantity of orders all over the world. Panasonic can only supply twice the volume of pre-order/ year and if you're unlucky enough of that particular model. It's likely you can get it less from an unauthorized dealer. Authorized dealers can only guarrantee you as in " STOCK" while you placed an order to them but not necessarily they have it available for next day delivery.

Let's not exagerate about your statement quote:"Then he laughed at me and said we dont want your business and hung up"......... I understand your ANXIETY! but then again! There are 2 sides of every story!

The truth is: DTV doesn't have the unit physically in stock, and I think that person ( not the manager ) whom you talked to? didn't think twice of saying those words to you! You could have said something "out of anger" as well. I used to think " costumer is always right " but when consequences happens: Threat someone we want to be threated!...

denonjapan

made in japan

Wolf Child
New User

Oct 14, 2005, 7:06 PM

Post #3 of 5 (2153 views)
Shortcut

Yea, I bought from DVDT a.k.a. dvtcity. I read the reviews about how great they are so I ordered through them...

I also had issues with payment. They said they could not get my card to charge properly, and could not give me a recipt. However I talked to my credit card company that very day and the card had already been charged--and I had no recipt for almost a week. They didnt ship my TV for almost a week after they charged my card. PRETTY UPSET

I finally got to shedule for delivery and I stayed home from work because of the three hour window they gave for delivery. However, the delivery never showed up. I was PISSED OFF. I had it deliver the following day and what do you know--my accessories were missing!!!! PISSED OFF AGAIN.

Called to complain and ...OH, we forgot to tell you that we are actually out of those. They never told me that when I ordered it.

Well another week went buy and I finally got my accessories.

All in all I was quite dissapointed with the service. My TV wasnt delivered for almost two weeks, and they claim all deliveries are within 3-5 days. And the accessories about another 14 days.

However, the only reason I would recommend going with DVDT is because their prices are way cheaper than anywhere else.

The panasonic I ordered was $2499(no sales tax is great) + $160 delivery + $250 5yr warranty = $2909 total.

At Best Buy the same model is $2699 +tax ($200) + $499 4yr warranty = $3398 total

Saved $489 and got an extra yr of coverage (about another $175 at Best Buy)

So make that $664 savings--NOT TOO SHABBY.

Well I have had the TV for about 1 month now and I am satisfied with it. However, this is just the begining, I sure hope they follow through with the warranty--but I guess that a whole different company.

My $.02

Robroy
User

Oct 17, 2005, 11:14 PM

Post #4 of 5 (2129 views)
Shortcut

Yes they are a horrible company and I have personally seen many fraud cases with them. They are also being investigated by the Better Business Bureau. I am sure they will soon be out of business. Whether it was in stock or not was never the issue Denon Japan, you missed the point entirely.

meeru
New User

Oct 19, 2005, 5:04 PM

Post #5 of 5 (2109 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Robroy] NEVER BUY FROM DTV [In reply to] Can't Post

I have even more reason to be upset with those pathetic incompetent morons. After the above ordeal i had to ring them every day to make sure they issued me credit, nevertheless i was out of 3 grand for 5 days. I got my credit yesterday and i promptly ordered 42PHD from plasmadepot. Thier service was exceptional, knowledgeabale staff, and i should have confirmation sometime today with my tracking #. i also ordered the niro 600 for sound and dish 942 for my satelite feeds. i went with the additional hdmi board for plasma, apparently it is the best way to go if done right? anybody else have the above setup? and my final hd gadget the sony hc1 cam, will ordrer that very soon. ready to be high-deffed!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)