Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
PDP505XDE Green Dots in the Center of the Screen

sarnade999
New User

Aug 6, 2014, 11:14 AM

Post #1 of 8 (1966 views)
Shortcut
PDP505XDE Green Dots in the Center of the Screen Can't Post

Hi, The TV is approx. 9 years Old, and just recently I am getting a cluster of green dots (pixels) roughly in the centre of the screen. These are very noticeable and dense on red backgrounds and visible on Skin Colour. Barely see them on other colours. This is the same on all input sources. I have replaced the Y Drive PCB, But this made no difference.
Any Advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

flyatyou66
User

Aug 6, 2014, 5:43 PM

Post #2 of 8 (1954 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sarnade999] PDP505XDE Green Dots in the Center of the Screen [In reply to] Can't Post

You don't have to replace nothing. That's screen failure and to get rid of those dots is to turn off the v-scan located on y-sus board.I would do this counter clockwise very slowly or unplug tv and turn off counter clockwise. If you do i to fast it will screw up tv.It's a variable pot with plastic top marked for a flat or star screwdriver. Couldn't find y-sus board to show you location but it will be marked V-SCAN.

sarnade999
New User

Aug 6, 2014, 7:08 PM

Post #3 of 8 (1945 views)
Shortcut
Re: [flyatyou66] PDP505XDE Green Dots in the Center of the Screen [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks ever so much for your advice flyatyou66. Just to be clear are you suggesting rotating the V-Scan Fully Anti-Clockwise or stop when the dots dissapear.
Thanks again

flyatyou66
User

Aug 6, 2014, 7:27 PM

Post #4 of 8 (1941 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sarnade999] PDP505XDE Green Dots in the Center of the Screen [In reply to] Can't Post

Turn it counter clockwise till you cannot turn it anymore.All the way down.I did this with a dell that had red dots same, same.1 person said he is still watching tv 4 years later from doing this.Go figure.

sarnade999
New User

Aug 7, 2014, 6:47 PM

Post #5 of 8 (1903 views)
Shortcut
Re: [flyatyou66] PDP505XDE Green Dots in the Center of the Screen [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks again for all your advice.
However, I cannot locate V-SCAN on the Y-Drive pcb. I have gone through the PCB with a magnifier glass and have listed below the Presets and Various Test Points.

TEST POINTS:
YSUS-MSK, YSUS-B, YSUS-D1, YSUS-D2, YSUS-G, YSUS-U2, YSUS-PD
VH-UV-PD, YPR-U, SI, OC1, OC2, CLR, CLK2, LE, SUSOUT, YRSV-2
YDD-PD, Y DRIVE-PD, YDD-PD, PN-MUTE, DRIVE-PD,
-VOFS, VOFS-ADJ,

PRESETS:
VR2201, VR2202, VR2203, VR2204, VR2402
VR2401 Labelled "VH-CONT" ( The only one with a Label)

Because of only having 6 Presets, most of the Test Points cannot be adjusted from the Y-Drive PCB. And not having Labels for the Presets, making it impossible to know what you are adjusting unless you have a schematic, which I do not have.

Pioneer are not making it easy !!.

Thanks again

flyatyou66
User

Aug 8, 2014, 1:16 AM

Post #6 of 8 (1897 views)
Shortcut

I was sure ther would be a v-scan pot.I'll see if there is another way wecan do this.Hang on.

sarnade999
New User

Aug 8, 2014, 7:23 AM

Post #7 of 8 (1887 views)
Shortcut

The User Manual states that the Model is a PDP505XDE, but on the rear of the Monitor is says PDP505PE. I assume the latter refers to just the Monitor and the XDE is the Complete package.

In Reply To

flyatyou66
User

Aug 8, 2014, 2:06 PM

Post #8 of 8 (1874 views)
Shortcut

I noticed you asked bad caps and others same question, with no real answer.I think what you have now is to live with it or get new TV.It's put in 9 years move on.

(This post was edited by flyatyou66 on Aug 8, 2014, 2:08 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.18 s on (CGI/1.1)