Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
Panasonic Plasma HD Full 3D problems

marycherry
New User

Oct 17, 2010, 7:59 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1265 views)
Shortcut
Panasonic Plasma HD Full 3D problems Can't Post

I bought a Panasonic Viera 50" tv a few weeks ago. Model # is TC-P50VT20. Sometimes it looks a tad snowy. In dark areas, it looks like there's sparkly white pixels (just like snow, except much less of it). However, it got really bad one time (video link below). The sound was also distorted, which you will hear in the video. If I press the "input" button and go thru the various inputs until I come back around to "satellite", it usually straightens out until it happens again. It does not happen when watching DVDs. Any idea what the problem could be? We're still in the 30 day period, so we plan on returning it. Just curious if it could be something besides the TV.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXk8tjOSBJg

techchris
Veteran

Oct 18, 2010, 9:10 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1258 views)
Shortcut
Re: [marycherry] Panasonic Plasma HD Full 3D problems [In reply to] Can't Post

have you tried the satelite signal on another tv to make sure it's not that. Return the tv if you find the fault is only on your Panasonic.

marycherry
New User

Oct 18, 2010, 2:26 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1252 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Panasonic Plasma HD Full 3D problems [In reply to] Can't Post

I switched out receivers with my daughter to see if the TV would mess up with her receiver hooked up. It did. I looked at the various settings (on the TV and on the receiver) and changed a few. Since then, the TV hasn't messed up. The problem usually happened at least a few times a day. If it's going to mess up, it should have already happened. I hope I've solved the problem, otherwise, we'll take it back.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)