Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
Panasonic TH 42PX50U Question

Dump
New User

Oct 15, 2005, 12:34 AM

Post #1 of 5 (2591 views)
Shortcut
Panasonic TH 42PX50U Question Can't Post

WinkHowdy folks, Ima noobie to this forum. My wife just bought me a Panasonic 42X50U. Picture is absolutely stunning. But I cannot change the aspect ratio of the system. My old HDTV(RCA), I could adjust about anyway possible. Im on COX digital HDTV system. Does the COX system cause the Panasonic aspect ratios to become non adjustable? Any help would be greatly appreciated. THanks, Dump

denonjapan
Veteran

Oct 17, 2005, 2:13 AM

Post #2 of 5 (2558 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dump] Panasonic TH 42PX50U Question [In reply to] Can't Post

NOPE! all the non-changeable channel's ratios are set by the stations. when your COX digital hdtv system ( Im assuming> a media receiver ) is able to bypass the aspect ratio, then It will fill your screen. Like most MOTOROLLA receivers.

denonjapan

made in japan

Robroy
User

Oct 17, 2005, 11:00 PM

Post #3 of 5 (2547 views)
Shortcut

You should be able to go into your Cable HDTV box and change the ratio.

Wolf Child
New User

Oct 18, 2005, 5:35 PM

Post #4 of 5 (2535 views)
Shortcut

I have the same TV and the same cable provider.

As far as using the tv's adjustments "full", "just", etc., Cox will not let you. You can only use their adjustment--"stretch", "zoom", and normal

Yea its preety lame--but havent found any remedies

I havent found any way to adjust the cable box so you can use the tv's settings. If you find out how to use the tv's settings with cox service LET ME KNOW!

However, if you use the internal tuner and not the cable box you may be able to use the tv's adjustments. But you need to have a HDTV card--I havent used one.

(This post was edited by Wolf Child on Oct 18, 2005, 5:37 PM)

Dump
New User

Oct 18, 2005, 6:04 PM

Post #5 of 5 (2532 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wolf Child] Panasonic TH 42PX50U Question [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the replies folks. I sincerely appreciate it. I haven't found a way to beat the Cox cable box yet. Also according to Cox, you can't use the cable card feature on the TV without loosing something the interactive program guide, etc. Since my wife lives for QVC, the program guide is a God send. Smile

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)