Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
Panasonic TV flashes colors around images

Rclandonton
New User

Feb 20, 2011, 4:27 PM

Post #1 of 1 (1976 views)
Shortcut
Panasonic TV flashes colors around images Can't Post

I have a Panasonic TH-42PWD4 plasma TV that has worked great for about 9 years. This model, I believe, was designed for commercial use and it said as much when I removed the back to try to fix it.
The problem is that a couple of months ago, it started to flash colors, red, green, etc on images. It does this with any input so it is definitely the TV. I removed it and opened it and cleaned all of the dust hoping it was something simple and I even looked for blown capacitors-not that I would know how to replace one. Anyway, it is still having the same problem.

The KICKER is, when I hit the side of the TV with my hand, it fixes it for a second or two, only to go back to flashing these colors around images. Perhaps even more telling is that, if the TV is left on for over an hour or so, it stops doing that and the picture is fine. Hence if we want to watch something without the annoying flashing, we turn on the TV an hour or so before it is scheduled to come on. And, if the TV is turned off just for a second, it goes back to this color flashing again.

Any suggestions other than buying a new TV? Thank you in advance.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)