Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
Panasonic th-42pm50u

marcva
New User

Sep 3, 2005, 1:02 AM

Post #1 of 6 (6813 views)
Shortcut
Panasonic th-42pm50u Can't Post

Does anyone know about this Panasonic model? Apparently, it's going to be coming to Costco later this fall at a very attractive price point ($1,699). I believe it's a basic EDTV model. Apparently all current information on it is on Japanese sites indicating it's probably a current model there. I understand the limitations of EDTV vs HDTV, and I'm fine with it for now.

I'm just trying to get a little more background informaiton on the product.

Does it use Panasonic's current 8th generation plasma technology?

What inputs does it have?

will it include speakers or a tuner? (I believe not).

Denonjapan? any insights?

Thanks

MarcVA

BruZZi
New User

Sep 6, 2005, 1:11 AM

Post #2 of 6 (6768 views)
Shortcut
Re: [marcva] Panasonic th-42pm50u [In reply to] Can't Post

It's a typo. The correct Model is TH-42PD50U.

The TH-42PM50 is a 2001 4th Generation Japanese Model - Equivalent to The US Consumer TH-42PW4UZ (PT-42PD3-P) and Commercial TH-42PWD4UY Models.

marcva
New User

Sep 6, 2005, 1:08 PM

Post #3 of 6 (6762 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BruZZi] Panasonic th-42pm50u [In reply to] Can't Post

Interesting. I'll need to recheck the model number on that with the buyer. He seemed to indicate they were getting something new, and considering they're already selling the TH-42PA25U/P at Costco, I figured they were stepping up to something newer and better this fall.

Looks like I'll end up getting one of the TH-42WD8UK or (HD if I can rationalize the $) models that are emerging instead.

I'll get back once I've re-confirmed the model number with the buyer.

BruZZi
New User

Sep 6, 2005, 10:39 PM

Post #4 of 6 (6750 views)
Shortcut

The TH-42PA25UP Model is only sold at Costco and BJ's. It's identical ( the only difference is its all-silver bezel) to the 2003 TH-42PA20UP that was available everywhere. Panasonic might do another Model exclusive for Costco and BJ's but the design will be like current Models.

denonjapan
Veteran

Sep 7, 2005, 4:40 AM

Post #5 of 6 (6744 views)
Shortcut

It seems to me that acquiring so much of this information from individuals with different inputs NOW! freezes you to do or decide on your own. Don't imply anything the way I replied unless it's SO! as said.

Listen Marva! I will make this easier for you to decide: get a professional monitor!..

Your last phrase! (from your email ) I don't think anybody in their right mind after a year, store owner will allow you of such thing. that's ridiculous! that's not generous!..........

denonjapan

made in japan

marcva
New User

Sep 7, 2005, 11:58 AM

Post #6 of 6 (6738 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] Panasonic th-42pm50u [In reply to] Can't Post

Returns after a year?! Um, yes...Costco is famous for that. Computers can be returned after 6 months, but everything else has no limit. This policy makes you feel very comfortable buying anything from them, and tends to make you buy fast since you can "always return" something. Most people dont return the items, so Costco does very well, and it's customers are very loyal.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)