Panasonic th50px50U kinda dark

Samgeyser
New User

Sep 15, 2005, 3:34 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1997 views)
Shortcut
Panasonic th50px50U kinda dark Can't Post

Hello,

Just bought a Panasonic 50" plasma. The picture is a bit dark and all the adjustments I make are maxed... as I have the brightness at +30 (max setting)

Is something wrong or what can I do to adjust? The picture just seems dark to me. I am using hdmi and hd-directv. I'm new to all this so please go easy!

Thanks,

Rick

denonjapan
Veteran

Sep 15, 2005, 4:46 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1989 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Samgeyser] Panasonic th50px50U kinda dark [In reply to] Can't Post

Generally! You're most likely watching ANALOG STATIONS or enhanced definition broadcast. which setting your display is rather harder to obtain since it's HIGH-DEF MONITOR. This is not case where you might be thinking You spend that much and haven't familiarized each PICTURE MENU functions to which maxing all up will only lead you to another problem. You will burn your screen in 2 months......Set your BRIGHTNESS back to -30.

Here's your picture control below:

from your remote control. press N from the top of your cursor ( this will put you to original factory settings )

Press: PICTURE MODE! U will see:

PICTURE

NORMALIZE

PICTURE MENU:( STANDARD/DYNAMIC/CINEMA/ AUTO)

PICTURE ( -30----------0+++++++++++30)

BRIGHTNESS ( same as above)

COLOR

TINT

SHARPNESS

COLOR TEMP

ADVANCE SETTINGS

Listen! when setting your display you can max the PICTURE up to +30/ BRIGHTNESS Always -30 / COLOR: + 4 or litle bit higher for ANALOG stations / TINT : always centered / Sharpness: +30 / COLOR TEMP: I would prefer COOL whatever settings / NORMAL is ok too.

You can tailor same setting from the Picture menu : STANDARD / DYNAMIC / CINEMA / AUTO.......I would suggest DYNAMIC would be the best choice of color purity and contrast of your display. if your watching dvd's with dark picture backround, Always choose CINEMA this tends to soften the darkest dark in a movie scene... Choose AUTO settings only when you have no other lights in room. like at night..............

Again! Understanding your display shouldn't be taken by ANXIETY.......You should normalize the picture screen like I said from factory settings then begin your settings carefully.

You have to take note: Most broadcasted channels doesn't support the resolutions Your display is intended for. they look dark of course!. Simply your display is telling you something....I have said it over and over!

denonjapan

made in japan

Samgeyser
New User

Sep 15, 2005, 2:41 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1986 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Samgeyser] Panasonic th50px50U kinda dark [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the reply but now I have another problem with this tv.

Rick

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)