Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
Panny Plasma interferes with infrared extender

fangorn
New User

Jul 19, 2005, 11:53 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1468 views)
Shortcut
Panny Plasma interferes with infrared extender Can't Post

I've got a system setup that just changed by adding a Panasonic TH42PWD7UY Plasma TV. I also have a Niles Audio MSU140 IR Repeater System for Single Zone Applications that connects to my DVD,receiver and VCR. The main infrared unit is near the monitor. Prior to adding the plasma TV, I had a conventional Panasonic in this location. The repeater worked fine before. But now with the plasma, the red indicator light on the main infrared unit blinks once every second. It stops blinking if I turn the plasma off. I have not changed any of my wiring, just the monitor. To try to solve the problem, I've added one of those shielding plastic clips to the main infrared wire, but this didn't help. It's like the plasma pulses some signal that the infrared extender picks up. Does any know what would cause this? Does anyone know how to fix it?

denonjapan
Veteran

Aug 26, 2005, 5:19 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1360 views)
Shortcut
Re: [fangorn] Panny Plasma interferes with infrared extender [In reply to] Can't Post

Niles Audio MSU140 IR Repeater System for Single Zone is ideal for ANALOG TELEVISION. not HD CAPABLE TV. if all your sources connected in one single zone which is ANALOG, good luck! if any of them works that way!... Most of all! check your label input you choose to the plasma from which this single zone you connected from all your sources is the right label you Programmed on your screen. if not! BLINKING means> your input programming is not detecting your screen.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)