Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
Philips 42PF9966 Plasma TV, question

enygren
New User

Dec 27, 2004, 6:07 PM

Post #1 of 1 (2720 views)
Shortcut
Philips 42PF9966 Plasma TV, question Can't Post

Recently purchased new 42PF9966 Philips Plasma. Looking for instructions on accessing the service menu. Philips refused to give it to me, store "doesn't know", haven't found it on line, etc. Any help would be appreciated.

For the record, the TV has wonderful clarity and pic quality in HD and DVD, but only fair using the Tuner output of my Comcast HD cable box (Motorola). In "TV" mode, it has multiple expansion options for the screen, however if you're using the HDMI input, the screen will not expand if the broadcast is not in full wide screen, so black side bars are your option. My first one (TV) has some problems, and a replacement is on the way tomorrow. I have the following issues: 1) TV will occasionally come up in PIP (split screen, 50:50). Usually have to power off receiver to correct. 2) When switching inputs using the remote, it will either lose color (power off/on TV or receiver to correct) or no longer sync the signal (once again, usually power off receiver, though sometimes off/on TV or switching stations may correct it). 3) When using the HDMI input on a "high def" channel that is not broadcasting in full width, I see pixel lines across the top of the screen. Haven't figured out any way to "move" the pic "up" to eliminate this. Annoying at worst. 4) Haven't figured out how to make the "HD" button on the remote access anything except the "AV2" input. If this could (or can) be programmed to another input (ie HDMI or other), it would be more convenient to switch between regular TV and HD.

Any similar experiences or tips on this TV? Thanks.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)