Philips plasma 42PF9965 - wanted screen and tuner

R.Verlindeus
New User

Aug 16, 2005, 12:56 PM

Post #1 of 2 (2142 views)
Shortcut
Philips plasma 42PF9965 - wanted screen and tuner Can't Post

Hi all,

We have a brandnew Philips plasma type 42PF9965. The unit was bought brandnew but due to a breakin in the appartment we lost the tuner and remote. This type comes in with an external tuner model FTR9965. The screen was dropped so the Panel (screen) is cracked making it useless. Due to the fact I paid a lot money for this, I'm determined to repair it. I am looking for a panel PDP and an external tuner. This model Philips uses Fujitsu panels. Would anyone have a panel like this and would like to sell it. The panel can be used, no problem. Please share some ideas as I would like to repair it asap. If you have a Fujitsu plasma 42 inch that supports 1024 by 1024 pxels please let me know as well.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rick

jpt54
New User

Aug 16, 2005, 8:19 PM

Post #2 of 2 (2137 views)
Shortcut
Re: [R.Verlindeus] Philips plasma 42PF9965 - wanted screen and tuner [In reply to] Can't Post

To me, just forget to fix it. You have the worst problem of plasma. Sony PFM42B(1024x1024) also uses the Fujitsu panel; but it does not mean the assemblies and connections being the same because it depends on how they arranged the circuit boards behind the screen. You can open the back cover of your plasma and then make your own decision.

You either can sell its boards for replacement parts or keep it in your garage and search for the same model. It's easier to swap the boards then to replace the panel.

Sorry for the painful lost you had gone through.

John

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)