Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
Phillips Plasma No video

mike123333
New User

Oct 5, 2011, 3:29 AM

Post #1 of 1 (1916 views)
Shortcut
Phillips Plasma No video Can't Post

Hi -I acquired a Phillips plasma 42PF7321D/37 that has no video, but according to the individual that gave it to me stated that it does have audio. So far after numerous hours of troubleshooting I have found the following:
the upper and lower buffers are shorted. A matter of fact there was a pop and smell of an electical short. Upon metering it was definitely shorted.
I am trying to troubleshoot the Ysus board samsung LJ92-1200A. I do not want to purchase new buffers without having the Ysus board repaired. The obvious is not wrong with it. No capacitors shorted, bulging, leaking, etc.. the 7 Mofsets test out ok and are not shorted. While i was testing the board under power with no buffers attached over a minute or two the 2 cermaic resistors R5098 R5099 would get extremely hot and the sanyo STK795-518 IPM module woud start to hum. Could this be the culprit?. All thej voltages coming from the PSU are checkign OK, some voltages will need a little tweaking.
Anyone familiar with this board have a voltage checklist on the board?, Any known issues in specific areas of the board?
I am at a lost here!! the TV did not see much use based on the person that gave it to me. It was sitting in her storage for 2 yrs broken.
From what I see inside the TV, this is a Samsung with a Phillips Labels.
BTW -There are o error codes or red LED. the unit powers up fine and the L2 board has a solid green and the other LED is blinking. I don't know what the blinking is for.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)