Pioneer PDP 504cmx Standby blinking red light

Vadim1969
New User

Mar 9, 2011, 5:04 AM

Post #1 of 1 (2375 views)
Shortcut
Pioneer PDP 504cmx Standby blinking red light Can't Post

Hello to all at TV Forums!

I am new to this site so please let me know if I posted in the wrong section.
Will post as much info about the unit as possible to make it easier for someone to understand the issue.
I have pictures of the hardware but do not know how to upload them.

Hardware:
Pioneer PDP 504cmx Plasma 50"
About 5 to 6 years old

Issue:
RED Standby light turns on, blinks 3 times and stops, blinks 3 times and stops. Must be some type of Pioneer code to help the tech know which part to replace. But I have no clue.

What have I done so far:
Read different forums with similar issues to familiarize myself with terminology but still weak at it.
Opened the back panel to see what's in there.
Turned ON the power, no lights on any kind on the power board, fuse seems OK, all capacitors look OK, no burns on the board.
(Unfortunately now I know that there is a power trip switch in there somewhere I will have to deal with later)
Fans turn on and I hear the TV turn on but only for 1 second then all shuts off.
Digital Video Assy card to the left of the power supply board which has 1 solid red light, no other lights anywhere on any board (not sure if there needs to be any more)

Questions:
I have a volt meter & wanted to test the Vs & Va, but do not see them where, I saw picks of other plasma's power supply boards and Vs & Va tabs are clearly visible but not on my board.
PCB2378 power board, model # AXY1083-E
I am guessing that this should be my starting point for trouble shooting the TV issue.

Thank you in advance for any help which may come my way.
Please go slow with me as this is first TV I have ever opened up and looked inside, but I am not afraid to do the dirty work.

By trade I am a PC tech and will help anyone who needs computer help, I am not trying to sound like an ass but only don’t want the others to feel like their help will be given for free.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)