Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
Plasma not turning on..... (a bit of diagnosis has been done)

AdamWade
New User

Oct 6, 2011, 6:17 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1911 views)
Shortcut
Plasma not turning on..... (a bit of diagnosis has been done) Can't Post

Hi All!
If there is anyone out there who could help me it would greatly be appreciated! Ok here we go sorry if it's long but I've been trying to do a bit of trial and error.
My Sinoteq (LG guts inside) 42" plasma decided that the screen should stop working. When it was turned on there was perfect sound but no picture. I then took the fuses out of the Y-sus and Z-sus boards. Turns out one was blown. So I changed that fuse and put them all back in.
When I turn it on now the little light turns blue (as it should) and after about 2 seconds it goes back to standby (red light). This happens over and over. When it is on for that brief time the power board makes that familiar TV 'static' sound before turning off after its two seconds. Then a bit more trial and error. I unplugged the Y-sus and Z-sus boards and turned on, and hey it didn't turn off after 2 seconds! I then plugged the Y-sus board back in and turned on, and yup it stayed on again (but no sign of a picture). Upon plugging the Z-sus back in it went back to its shenanigans and turned off after 2 seconds.
So that's the tedious story.........
Is it possibly because the power bored is not distributing enough power or the wrong voltage (sorry about the terminology) to power the screen?
Or, could it be something else?
I've checked all the capacitors for bulging or popping and they all look like they are in 100% working order.
Thank you in advance! If you have read this far I congratulate you on reading this novel!

chevy56
New User

Oct 6, 2011, 6:38 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1908 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AdamWade] Plasma not turning on..... (a bit of diagnosis has been done) [In reply to] Can't Post

It sounds like the Z board to me,try checking the voltage at the connector you are un plugging from Z board.If its not right try checking voltage at power supply connector to Z board with Z board unplugged,if voltage is right at power supply its the Z board.

AdamWade
New User

Oct 6, 2011, 7:14 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1904 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chevy56] Plasma not turning on..... (a bit of diagnosis has been done) [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the fast reply chevy56.
I'm quite new to these sorts of electronics. What should the voltage be or how do I find out? And, how do I test the voltage on these? Where the cable plugs in on the board the markings for each pin are as follows "5VCTRL GND VA GND GND NC VS VS"
Thanks again chevy!

chevy56
New User

Oct 6, 2011, 7:38 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1902 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AdamWade] Plasma not turning on..... (a bit of diagnosis has been done) [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm no expert but what I do is put your postive meter lead in the connector where it says what voltage that pin is and put your other meter lead in the pin connector thats says GND.You may have to wiggle your leads in depending on how big your meter leads are.The VS and VA voltages should be printed on the metal chasis,maybe in top right corner.Hope this helps

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)