Plasma vs LCD

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Church
New User

Nov 19, 2004, 10:30 PM

Post #1 of 47 (12564 views)
Shortcut
Plasma vs LCD Can't Post

I'm having an argument with my friend on which is better LCD or Plasma, I think Plasma kills LCD BUT I heard that the gas in a plasma tv, fades after like 30,000 hrs and theres no way to replace ur picture perfect shot after a year or so??? Plz tell me this isn't true, cause I just bought that Dell 42" Plasma HDTV and it would suck if after a year it already starts fading.

mijones111
New User

Jun 26, 2009, 2:42 PM

Post #2 of 47 (11279 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Church] Plasma vs LCD [In reply to] Can't Post

There is a way to replace the bulb for plasmas after they die out, its just expensive. Thats why i prefer lcds :)

techchris
Veteran

Jun 26, 2009, 7:42 PM

Post #3 of 47 (11271 views)
Shortcut

the screen is more likely to develop a fault than run out of plasma gas. so stop worrying and enjoy your new tv. BTW there is no bulb in a plasma

jts1957
Veteran

Jun 26, 2009, 9:21 PM

Post #4 of 47 (11269 views)
Shortcut

That's about 3.4 years of CONTINUOUS use. If you only use 8 hrs a day that's over ten years!

-------------------------

PlasmaCandy
New User

Jun 30, 2009, 3:04 PM

Post #5 of 47 (11245 views)
Shortcut

Plasma TVs have come a long way as well. They don't develop burn as easily as they have in the past so it makes it possible to play our products for up to 4 hours at a time.

If you ever want to show off your plasma TV (or LCD TV) at parties or for romantic occasions - check out http://www.PlasmaCandy.com - for ambient DVDs such as the Fireplace DVD and Aquarium DVD. They are fun!

jts1957
Veteran

Jun 30, 2009, 4:22 PM

Post #6 of 47 (11243 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PlasmaCandy] Plasma vs LCD [In reply to] Can't Post

WOW a whole 4 hours at a time - better not plan on watching any mini-series or marathons.Crazy

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Jun 30, 2009, 4:23 PM)

lively jason
New User

Jul 12, 2009, 5:55 AM

Post #7 of 47 (11193 views)
Shortcut

Take my word, go for LCDs
Lively Jason

TV & Sorts

Wang Sudoku

webmaster8753
Deleted

Jul 21, 2009, 9:20 PM

Post #8 of 47 (11154 views)
Shortcut
Post deleted by Administrator [In reply to]

rajas
New User

Aug 22, 2009, 5:56 PM

Post #9 of 47 (11046 views)
Shortcut
Re: [webmaster8753] Plasma vs LCD [In reply to] Can't Post

This is a complicated topic: when choosing between LCD and plasma TVs, you're actually selecting between two competing technologies, both of which achieve similar features (i.e., bright, crystal-clear images, super color saturated pictures) and come in similar packages (i.e., 3.5 to 5 inch depth flat screen casing). To complicate the decision-making process further, price and size are two previous considerations that are rapidly becoming non-issues as LCDs are now being made in larger sizes and at competing prices with plasma TVs.

rajas

this plasma is best

Plasmalized
New User

Sep 17, 2009, 3:39 PM

Post #10 of 47 (10931 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rajas] Plasma vs LCD [In reply to] Can't Post

The Dirty Secret LCD manufacturers don't want you to Know: Basically after several years of research between Plasma vs LCD. If you are a true Audio Video techno nut, guilty. Plasma is by far the way to go. LCD can only produce a 1080P on Still Images. in a 6 sec interval of video you are only seeing 480 P at best. PLasma does not have this issue. Also off center viewing on an LCD is another concern. Again Plasma overcomes this problem as well. You can literally stand on the side of a plasma and the image is as crisp and bright as it would be if you were staring straight at it. I was a firm believer in LCD until I really started looking into both formats. I now own an 50" Pioneer Elite Kuro. have done many side by side comparisons and this is by far one of if not the best set out on the market.

460samsung
New User

Sep 18, 2009, 2:41 PM

Post #11 of 47 (10920 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Plasmalized] Plasma vs LCD [In reply to] Can't Post

I have had a samsung for about 7 months, it is awesome, one thing that samsung has is screen burn protection, with a scrolling option that actually reverses any burn that is produced. ( if you actually burn any shape in it...)
I have had couple a ghosts images show up, and after scolling the screen about 15 minutes, the images was gone...(it came after several days straight of gaming..)
the picture quality during football/basketball/sports is awesome...I can actually read the numbers of the players on the other side of the field clearly, even the players that are on the bench...!
I don't know about the other brands, but, samsung rocks....it's all about the software that the tv has ..one thing also about the samsung is , you can upgrade the software thru the usb port...so I can update it myself...with a simple usb stick...

460samsung....

freakazoid
New User

Oct 18, 2009, 3:37 AM

Post #12 of 47 (10785 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Plasma vs LCD [In reply to] Can't Post

that's 4 hrs with the same image (no movement). As long as the picture changes, you can run it 24/7 with no screen burn-in (providing there are no black bars on the top or sides)

tvguy24
New User

Oct 21, 2009, 7:45 PM

Post #13 of 47 (10761 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lively jason] Plasma vs LCD [In reply to] Can't Post

Ya LCD TVs are the best. Why do you think there are so many more of them...

http://www.cheapforme.com

marisalexia
New User

Dec 12, 2009, 1:22 PM

Post #14 of 47 (10531 views)
Shortcut

Plasma screens tend to come in a bigger range of sizes than LCDs, ant the black and gray colors tend to be richer than in an LCD tv. <br>However LCDs are generally lighter, less fragile and often easier to set up. Also older model plasmas, and some of the low-end models currently out there, have had issues with permanent screen damage when an image is left on the screen too long. However this has mostly been corrected in the newest models available. <br>

(This post was edited by marisalexia on Dec 12, 2009, 1:29 PM)

johnq22
New User

Dec 20, 2009, 5:45 AM

Post #15 of 47 (10479 views)
Shortcut

Plasma has better picture quality and colors hands down but, LCDs are cheaper and will last longer.
LCD TV Buying Guide|Samsung LN55B650

ethanr316
New User

Jan 22, 2010, 9:36 PM

Post #16 of 47 (10307 views)
Shortcut
Re: [johnq22] Plasma vs LCD [In reply to] Can't Post

I would always go for an LCD TV instead of Plasma because of numerous reasons, but the major reason is Plasmas have a known issue of BURN-IN and LCDs don't. For users like me, TV is running 20 hours a day at times and that can cause this issue.

I saw the display of an LED TV and I think that it is better than both, LCD and Plasma television.

shoofeetv
New User

Jan 28, 2010, 6:35 AM

Post #17 of 47 (10275 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ethanr316] Plasma vs LCD [In reply to] Can't Post

To my opinion Lcd is better than plasma.

JohnRocks
User

Jan 28, 2010, 6:44 AM

Post #18 of 47 (10273 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shoofeetv] Plasma vs LCD [In reply to] Can't Post

Plasma leads the lcd by far margin. take a poll on that, i bet.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Rackmount LCD Monitor
USB KVM

shoofeetv
New User

Feb 3, 2010, 11:32 AM

Post #19 of 47 (10240 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JohnRocks] Plasma vs LCD [In reply to] Can't Post

plasma screens can display blacks more accurately than LCDs can, which means better contrast and detail in dark scenes. The nature of LCD technology, where a backlight shines through the LCD layer, means it's hard for it to achieve true blacks because there's always some light leakage from between pixels. This is steadily improving with every new generation of LCD, though.

JohnRocks
User

Feb 22, 2010, 10:49 AM

Post #20 of 47 (10160 views)
Shortcut

Most Plasma TVs are able to receive VGA and SVGA signals from computers, as well as standard television and HDTV signals. This allows them to be used for multiple purposes, including many in a commercial or retail environment. Computer gamers have also been known to make use of Plasma TVs to provide them the advantage of a larger viewing area.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Rackmount LCD Monitor
USB KVM

Zack
User

Mar 9, 2010, 11:18 AM

Post #21 of 47 (10115 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JohnRocks] Plasma vs LCD [In reply to] Can't Post

The ADVANTAGES of Plasma over LCD are:

1. Larger screen size availability.

2. Better contrast ratio and ability to render deeper blacks.

3. Better color accuracy and saturation.

4. Better motion tracking (little or no motion lag in fast moving images).

Loggaine
New User

Mar 20, 2010, 12:03 AM

Post #22 of 47 (10073 views)
Shortcut

Plasma is a overall better TV but that doesn't mean it's the RIGHT TV for you

http://tvbuyingguides.blogpsot.com

Tom1222
New User

Mar 27, 2010, 5:55 PM

Post #23 of 47 (10049 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
That's about 3.4 years of CONTINUOUS use. If you only use 8 hrs a day that's over ten years!

Actually, most new Plasma TV's have a rating of 100,000 hours running time which at 8 hours a day of use (and most people
don't have time to watch TV for 8 hours a day) that would be 34.24 years of service and I think after 34 years you are either dead
or have bought a new TV Wink

jts1957
Veteran

Mar 27, 2010, 6:43 PM

Post #24 of 47 (10047 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tom1222] Plasma vs LCD [In reply to] Can't Post

I plan on taking my '87 Sanyo 27" CRT with me when I go!Angelic

Tom1222
New User

Mar 27, 2010, 6:55 PM

Post #25 of 47 (10045 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I plan on taking my '87 Sanyo 27" CRT with me when I go!Angelic

WOW, I hope you eat your Wheaties every day and have a few friends die with you since you will need
all the help you can get to carry that heavy monster Cool

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)