Samsung PN43D440A5D Clicking on and off Changed x-Main

jpruett79
New User

May 24, 2012, 6:49 PM

Post #1 of 2 (3970 views)
Shortcut
Samsung PN43D440A5D Clicking on and off Changed x-Main Can't Post

Hello.

First let me say thank you all for the information i have found on this forum. I came here looking for some troubleshooting tips for a samsung plasma. The model number is PN43D440A5D. I have spent a few hours looking thru the forums and have really learned a lot.

I spend a little time repairing tvs for my friends and family as a hobby and i came across this samsung and am trying to fix it. Initially when i got the tv i removed the back and unplugged everything from the SMPS. turned out the X-Main board was the problem. I replaced the board and was up an running. I gave the tv back to the owner and it lasted about 2 days before they brought it back to me. Same symptom the relay would just click. i unplugged the board and the tv initialized and gave the start-up sound. So here i am. I have decided i need to replace the x-main and the y-main. For some reason now the Y-main is holding the tv out as well.

I have come to believe that there is most likely a problem causing the boards to fail. It seems to me that would most likely be the SMPS. I began looking for ways to troubleshoot. I have looked for a service manual but haven't been able to obtain one anywhere. I checked the Va and Vs voltages. They come up properly and then quickly begin to fall off by about 2-3 volt a second until reaching zero.

My 2 biggest questions are
Are the voltages dropping because the x and y mains are unplugged or because of a faulty SMPS and also does anybody know where i can get a service manual

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I look forward to being apart of this forum.

long_path
New User

Jul 21, 2012, 4:53 PM

Post #2 of 2 (3777 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jpruett79] Samsung PN43D440A5D Clicking on and off Changed x-Main [In reply to] Can't Post

jpruett79, are you still looking for help with this or have you moved on?

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)