Samsung c7000 - dvds look bad.

suzannemonette
New User

Oct 2, 2010, 11:34 PM

Post #1 of 6 (1031 views)
Shortcut
Samsung c7000 - dvds look bad. Can't Post

Hi Everyone,

We just got a Samsung PN50c7000 tv and are hoping someone might be able to help us. In the store we asked them to play a dvd on it - since we have a pretty big dvd collection that we don't want to just have sit there. The dvd they put in looked really good - not hd of course but not grainy or pixely - really smooth. Tonight we put one in and boy it looked bad. My husband is pretty ticked - but I'm thinking it must be a setting? Or could it be the particular blue ray player we have? We really don't know much about these things and trying to find information on the internet is quite overhwhelming.

We did put in some calibration values that we found online.

Right now the dvd is 300 and all I can say is it looks quite grainy?

Next time we're in the city we'll go back to the store and ask them what they think - but for the next week I'm going to have a grumpy husband to deal with if I can't at least figure out some answers as to why our dvds at home look crappy when in the store it looked great.

Thanks for any help or info anyone can offer!

Sue

jts1957
Veteran

Oct 2, 2010, 11:47 PM

Post #2 of 6 (1030 views)
Shortcut
Re: [suzannemonette] Samsung c7000 - dvds look bad. [In reply to] Can't Post

You took the display TV home? Or one just like it, brand new in the factory-sealed carton?Unimpressed

-------------------------

sephiroth
New User

Oct 9, 2010, 8:52 AM

Post #3 of 6 (1017 views)
Shortcut

Sad to hear that.Unimpressed

techchris
Veteran

Oct 10, 2010, 12:34 PM

Post #4 of 6 (1009 views)
Shortcut

hope you found some other way to amuse him in the meantime. What was the outcome BTW?

suzannemonette
New User

Oct 20, 2010, 12:54 PM

Post #5 of 6 (960 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Samsung c7000 - dvds look bad. [In reply to] Can't Post

It was brand new factory sealed.

suzannemonette
New User

Oct 20, 2010, 12:56 PM

Post #6 of 6 (959 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Samsung c7000 - dvds look bad. [In reply to] Can't Post

Well 300 still looks bad - so does Saving Private Ryan - but so far all other DVDs are looking really good. it's almost like the tv needed a bit of time to warm up or something. I still find high def a bit too high def sometimes. We also still haven't found the ideal setting that works for everything - so we have a daytime setting and a night time setting. My husband isn't completely happy with the nighttime - he'd prefer a bit more contrast but we already have that set to 100. I like the night setting as is.

So overall it's looking pretty good..:)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.16 s on (CGI/1.1)