Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
Samsung check fan message

YellowstoneYeti
New User

Aug 8, 2010, 9:04 PM

Post #1 of 3 (5028 views)
Shortcut
Samsung check fan message Can't Post

I have a friend who has a Samsung FP-T5894W plasma tv. When turned on, it boots up and the tv operates normally for about 5 seconds. It then flashes up a message that says "check fan". Ten seconds later, the tv shuts down. I've done a bit of searching and found that quite often this message is caused by a dirty fan. My friend is an elderly gentleman and not known for his housekeeping habits, so I think this is a real possibility. I took the back of the tv off, but could not locate the fan. I assume that it is located behind one of the boards and is used for cooling the screen. Can someone save me the trouble of pulling boards randomly to find the fan and give me an idea of where the fan is located? Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Even though it has been many years since I had a tv apart, I have an associates degree in electronics, so I am comfortable working on electronics. Thanks

darstr
User

Aug 9, 2010, 8:55 PM

Post #2 of 3 (5017 views)
Shortcut
Re: [YellowstoneYeti] Samsung check fan message [In reply to] Can't Post

Crazy The fan is not in the TV Monitor. It is on the main board that is in the Audio Video Control box. This is a Wireless Set. Find where your friends box is and dissasemble the back. You will see the Main board and the fan sitting right on top of it. Clean the fan and check the connector. If that does not fix your problem, then you have a bad main board. Good luck

YellowstoneYeti
New User

Aug 11, 2010, 1:24 AM

Post #3 of 3 (5004 views)
Shortcut
Re: [darstr] Samsung check fan message [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks, that did the trick. A good cleaning and all is well. I sure appreciate it.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)