Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
Samsung pn50c8000 3d plasma tv

suitguy
New User

Jul 12, 2010, 12:57 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1138 views)
Shortcut
Samsung pn50c8000 3d plasma tv Can't Post

Hello I have a new (less than 2 week old) Samsung pn50c8000 3d plasma tv and when the screen displays black images I see what appears to be a strip from the bottom of the tv to the top of the tv that is about 10 pixels wide on the right edge that seem to already have either started to age or I am seeing something behind the front panel of the tv because when the tv is off I can see this strip and when ever the tv has a dark image on that part of the screen I see it.
I have let my TV do the scrolling aka white out process for hours to make sure it wasn't burn in because I have never owned a plasma tv so I thought that may be the problem but it doesn't appear to be so I wanted to see if this sounds like something wrong or if I'm seeing something behind the screen and this is normal, any help/suggestions on what to do would be great!

Thanks!

becyn
New User

Jul 13, 2010, 1:50 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1130 views)
Shortcut
Re: [suitguy] Samsung pn50c8000 3d plasma tv [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think it's a burn in. since there is no persistent image the is only 10 pixels wide.
If you can see the same thing when the set is off then it may be that part of the masking is showing do to a misalignment of the display panel inside the case.

If the set is only two weeks old, why not see if the dealer will swap it out?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit McVey Electronics for TV Repair!

darstr
User

Sep 30, 2010, 8:39 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1045 views)
Shortcut
Re: [suitguy] Samsung pn50c8000 3d plasma tv [In reply to] Can't Post

Crazy I would really like to see a picture of this.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)