Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
Sanyo DP42746 Question

roledzki
New User

Jul 15, 2010, 5:52 AM

Post #1 of 3 (2751 views)
Shortcut
Sanyo DP42746 Question Can't Post

I have a Sanyo DP42746 that I am working on and I have checked all the boards and all the caps looked good except for the power filter board makes a high pitch whine that does not sound right to me. The error code that the tv is throwing is 7 green blinks. Can anyone confirm that the pwb power filter is the culprit? Im sure the code is significant because most people get 12 blinks and I havent seen any 7 blink codes online.

jts1957
Veteran

Jul 15, 2010, 2:33 PM

Post #2 of 3 (2748 views)
Shortcut
Re: [roledzki] Sanyo DP42746 Question [In reply to] Can't Post

This is all the service manual says about a flashing LED:

LED Flashing

When IC801 detects the Power Failure 3 times the LED will flash to indicate a power failure has occurred.
NOTE: The LED does not flash for Temperature Failures.

NOTE: If power failure is detected 3 times in 15 minutes, the set will enter the standby mode and cannot be switched On. To reset the operating programs of the CPU it is necessary to disconnect the AC cord for a short time.

-------------------------

becyn
New User

Jul 18, 2010, 2:25 AM

Post #3 of 3 (2739 views)
Shortcut
Re: [roledzki] Sanyo DP42746 Question [In reply to] Can't Post

When all else fails, it's time to pull out the meter and Oscilloscope and dig in.
1) does it have the correct supply voltages in stby or "on"?
2) Is the main sending the signal to 'fire up"?
These and many other questions can be answered with some applied troubleshooting.

Blinky lights are fun, but can also be non informative or misleading all together.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit McVey Electronics for TV Repair!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)