Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
Sony Plasma TV KE-42-M1

tnarv
New User

Feb 22, 2012, 1:30 PM

Post #1 of 3 (2326 views)
Shortcut
Sony Plasma TV KE-42-M1 Can't Post

I recently had a failure of my Sony Plasma KE-42M1. The video was extremely grainy and had these weird rainbow type pixelations in the video. It was almost impossible to watch. I read in a previous thread about a user who had a similar problem and the voltages on the main PS(G2) all read OK except voltage "VA" which read -70V. instead of +70v. I removed the PS(G2) board and found that Gnd. and V+ markings on the board were incorrect which meant that the voltage was actually accurate(almost as if the meter leads were reversed). Making this mistake would make one assume that the PS(G2) board was defective....not so. In my case, after finding this mistake I happened to check the(VSCAN) -70V. and found that it was reading 0V. After removing the connector feeding the Y Sustain board the -70V. would return to normal. At this point I was down to the Y Sustain board as the problem or the Main Logic Board as the reason for this voltage being loaded down. I took a calculated guess(as from previous threads I concluded that the PS(G2) & Y Sustain boards were the most common problems on this set) ordered a Y Sustain board from a supplier and fixed this TV. You will notice that when, after unloading the PS(G2), this VSCAN voltage would return until you reconnected the VSCAN -70V. That is the key. That will tell you if the PS is the problem or the Y Sustain Board(one with all the Heat Syncs). This solved my problem. To see what the effect actually looks like see thread http://www.tv-forums.com/forum/TV_Equipment_C4/TV_Repair_Forum_F3/Sony_Plasma_KE-42M1_screen_problem_P42603/

(This post was edited by tnarv on Feb 22, 2012, 1:42 PM)

lauramaster
New User

Feb 29, 2012, 1:38 PM

Post #2 of 3 (2292 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tnarv] Sony Plasma TV KE-42-M1 [In reply to] Can't Post

At this point I was down to the Y Sustain board as the problem or the Main Logic Board as the reason for this voltage being loaded down.

okidoqui
User

Oct 31, 2012, 9:51 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1993 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lauramaster] Sony Plasma TV KE-42-M1 [In reply to] Can't Post

Sony is one of the most popular brand in the world of television. And, as you are facing problems with your Sony plasma TV, it would be best if you get it repaired from their professionals only.
Plasma or LCD

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)