Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
Superscan Plasma Problem

jefff2761
New User

Nov 27, 2010, 7:47 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1425 views)
Shortcut
Superscan Plasma Problem Can't Post

Hi. Got an old (probably about 5 years old) Superscan SSH2442 plasma tv from relatives who were throwing it out. It had developed a vertical black line down the center. Well, I found some posts online where this is evidently a fairly common problem and I was able to repair it by re-soldering a couple of "bad" solder joints. Picture looked good and it worked about 5 hours and then it lost color and went to black and white. Then it would periodically lose picture and sound quality that seemed to mimic a tuner problem. Additionally, it will be working fine when all of a sudden a loud sound emanates from the speakers and you can hear a rhythmic tone that is fast and begins to slow. I assume this may have to do with a power supply but I'd be guessing. Like I said, the tv still works fine and will be o.k. and then will begin having problems. Anyone experienced this? I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.
Jeff

darstr
User

Dec 2, 2010, 10:52 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1410 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jefff2761] Superscan Plasma Problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Crazy Check your power supply for swollen or leaking caps. They can make a set do all kinds of crazy stuff. Good luck to you.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)