Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
TV takes 5 minutes to warm-up

johnpast
New User

Oct 26, 2005, 2:47 AM

Post #1 of 2 (2002 views)
Shortcut
TV takes 5 minutes to warm-up Can't Post

I have a 2 yr old Panasonic 50" plasma HD. Lately when I turn on the TV after a long cool down, the screen is divided into four quadrants. Each quadrant displays bars. A fuzzy broadcast picture eventually develops into each quadrant. After 5 minutes the screen warms-up and I get back to a normal picture. Picture quality is great, it is just taking longer and longer for this TV to get it up. Any suggestions

denonjapan
Veteran

Oct 28, 2005, 2:53 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1986 views)
Shortcut
Re: [johnpast] TV takes 5 minutes to warm-up [In reply to] Can't Post

hmmmm! Im assuming the VIERA units. is it? what model no? Reason Im asking is the symptoms you mentioned and I have never heard the case although Im right all along especially the heating process.....Im afraid your unit will be out in less than 2 years depending on your usage.

Not Long time ago, I have mentioned some pointers how this can be prevented and I hope your case will be an opening window to everyone from hearing it again. I will tell you anyway:

*Avoid constant turning off your display thru it's POWER button. Always use it's stand by mode thru your remote control. Only use POWER button ON or OFF when leaving your display unused for a long period of time.

denonjapan

made in japan

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)