Viera TC-50S2x Steady Blinking Power Light

famousredhead
New User

Dec 14, 2017, 1:03 AM

Post #1 of 1 (1129 views)
Shortcut
Viera TC-50S2x Steady Blinking Power Light Can't Post

Hi All! Here is some Background:

TV connected to Satellite box via HDMI. Lost Picture 7 days ago but had sound. SAT guys came and proved it was tv and not box. Connected tv via the old fashioned way (tri-colored cables) everything was working.

Laptop connected (same day) via HDMI and it worked. 2/3 HDMI ports were not working. Did reset every way imaginable and nothing worked except last HDMI port (where the laptop once worked in) stopped working.

I just happened to have a new A (main) board unopened. So we switched out the old Main board with the new "A" Main board.

Turned on power and had no picture..nothing..just a black screen. So I did a reset 3 different ways...Unplugged for 10 min and replugged, pushed Vol- and menu and power......pressed & Held power for 1 min. etc. now when I start the tv the power red light goes on, then clicks off and starts blinking in a steady blink. No...it doesnt blink 10 times and then stop and start, nor does it do it for 7 times. It is just a CONSTANT STEADY blink. And the remote will not work, nor will pushing the power button on the set. I have to physically unplug it for 5 min. But when I start it up again, I get the same thing.

Now, please note that when hubby switched out the old card for the new, he screwed 2 silver screws into the card where he shouldn't have (Top middle and bottom middle holes). We realized this right after the switch when we got NO POWER. So he took out the screws where they should not have been and the steady blinking problem began.

Soooooo, now that is the whole LONG story. What could the problem be? Any ideas for a fix?

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)