brightness problem

paul5
New User

Oct 19, 2005, 7:33 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1691 views)
Shortcut
brightness problem Can't Post

Hi,

I have recently bought a panasonic viera edtv plasma. I'm happy with the overall picture quality but the bright areas in a scene seem way too bright. eg. light reflecting off faces, bright sky or sea etc I have even tried turning the contrast and brightness down to almost zero but it still seems bright ! Bright images also give a "green after flash" when images move quickly, I guess as the whites are so bright. Has anyone ever come across this problem ? Apart from that the picture is very good. Could it be interference or a problem with the set? I am using component video leads.

Paul

denonjapan
Veteran

Oct 20, 2005, 6:12 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1682 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paul5] brightness problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Those extreme brightness of the display isn't considered problem as counterpart to the issue: being the highest contrast ratio in the market justifies the whitest whites as it produces the darkest black into your screen. I agree the brightness set too far if the setting is centered to 0. it has to be negative -0 setting, if your unit still brand new. But you need the contrast settings +30 the highest the better. TAKE IT FROM ME! It doesn't contribute to burn-in.

It seems to me that the above problem you mentioned are just cabling signals / Remember! the tuner built-in in VIERA sets are just regular tuner. Not high-def tuner.

denonjapan

made in japan

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)