Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
gtv42p4 component input on 15pin vga help

aikyg
New User

May 25, 2006, 11:53 PM

Post #1 of 9 (1970 views)
Shortcut
gtv42p4 component input on 15pin vga help Can't Post

IV GOT a gtv42p4 goodmans plasma and im trying to find out if the 15pin dsub vga connector will accept a component input from my dvd player three phonos y pb pr to the vga can anyone help iv tryed everywhere i can think of and goodmans are a joke

techchris
Veteran

May 26, 2006, 3:27 PM

Post #2 of 9 (1961 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aikyg] gtv42p4 component input on 15pin vga help [In reply to] Can't Post

component input is normally done through the three component input sockets.if your tv has no component input then you are stuffed. your'e right about the joke. they are made in the Vestel factory in turkey and are very basic
normally sold through mail order with very limited spares availability

aikyg
New User

May 29, 2006, 5:43 PM

Post #3 of 9 (1954 views)
Shortcut

just wondered how you bring up the factory menu to activate the y pb pr on the scart apparently this is possible can anyone help

denonjapan
Veteran

Jun 8, 2006, 3:43 AM

Post #4 of 9 (1933 views)
Shortcut

15pin dsub vga connector from component output? yes it should work with a converting cable, what effort you tried it did'nt?
denonjapan
made in japan

aikyg
New User

Jun 8, 2006, 5:07 PM

Post #5 of 9 (1930 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] gtv42p4 component input on 15pin vga help [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah tied the ypbpr input on the vga. sorta works. the picture is mainley green though. think i might need to adjust the rgb balance on that input or calibrate it. one problem though, i cant get the factory menu up.
can you by any chance help. goodmans wont give out that info.and iv tried pressing menu then the i button seems to be locked.
argoss say that theyl send an engineer. but you know wats gona happen when they say they cant fix it. or dont know how. theyl want to take it away. dont think i can suvive without my tele for two or three weeks. on the other hand they might just turn round and say sorry thats an incompatible cable cant help just like goodmans did,
who just so you know didnt even know if the input could handle ypbpr, they couldnt even tell me wat type of input it takes on the vga input.
they just said if it works phone us so if anyone else asks we can tell them. eh i dont think so at 50p at minute wen it takes 15 minutes to answer the phone
i mean come on these guys are supposed to be the manufacturers
thanks for replying by the way

regards g

techchris
Veteran

Jun 8, 2006, 7:02 PM

Post #6 of 9 (1927 views)
Shortcut

try menu4725 for the service menu,but you cant tweak the colour balance on only one input.it will effect all inputs.there is no such manufacturer as goodmans. its a generic brand name only and could have anything inside.

aikyg
New User

Jun 8, 2006, 7:51 PM

Post #7 of 9 (1924 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] gtv42p4 component input on 15pin vga help [In reply to] Can't Post

tryed that menu4725 no effect. thanks anyway mate. if theres any other way if you could let me know, if not its cool atleast its been tryed now, now i understand why goodmans dont have a clue, mad that init, youd think they'd make thier own stuff.
thanks again for your help,

regards g

denonjapan
Veteran

Jun 8, 2006, 11:25 PM

Post #8 of 9 (1921 views)
Shortcut

Picture is mainly green?... have you check the color coding of the component cable? are you sure they're tight? when you alter green to blue and blue went to green, that's likely causes your problem. check again!

denonjapan
made in japan

aikyg
New User

Jun 8, 2006, 11:39 PM

Post #9 of 9 (1919 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] gtv42p4 component input on 15pin vga help [In reply to] Can't Post

nope defo tight defo plugged into the correct sokets tryed reversing them in various diferent locations but dont get any picture wen i do that. still predominately green wen plugged in r to r b to b g to g. tryed the menu access code but no luck. cheers anyway mate.
if you can thinjk of anything else it would be much appreciated.
thanks again.

regards g

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.16 s on (CGI/1.1)