Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
samsung capacitors

cscaffidi
New User

Aug 10, 2012, 4:38 AM

Post #1 of 1 (1437 views)
Shortcut
samsung capacitors Can't Post

I know this has been beat to death, but I'm looking for advice because tho my pn50c550g1f has no picture, (just sound), I did not find any blown or swollen caps, instead, I found a int. chip on the y-buffer board that was melted. So I purchased a replacement y-buffer, but at the advice of some other posters, I also purchased a y-sustain/main board and a power supply board. They were all cheap enough, about 100$ total, and some suggested all should be replaced because the cause of the burned chip probably came from one of the other boards. Anyay, my question is whether I should just put in the new boards as they are, or should I change out the caps on the new boards (the ones that commonly have issues), to avoid future problems. If so, I'm not sure which caps are commonly the culprits. Someone told me to replace anything that says "sam young" on it, which is about 12 of the 20 caps on the board. Anyone's advice would be appreciated. I will try to attach a photo of the bad chip. Thanks CS.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)