Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
50" Mitsubishi Vs-5043

Gerry Bailey
New User

Jan 6, 2005, 8:21 PM

Post #1 of 1 (2393 views)
Shortcut
50" Mitsubishi Vs-5043 Can't Post

I have a red crt coolant leak. It leaked down on the circuit board causing the safety capacitor to blow. I was wondering is there a inexpensive way to purchase a red crt and a safety capacitor. The safety capacitor rating is 4700pf @1600v. The tech said that he could get me a number capacitor and solder it for me but as far as the leak goes. He could put a tray in the tv to catch the coolant but once the crt is emply it will blow and thats it. He said it would be to expensive to replace all three crt's. Also on my board where the coolant leaked he said there are no sure way to know if this fix will last. Any ideas? I got a Mitsubishi part number for this capacitor. The part# is 350p405050 or 350p681010. When I called mitsubishi they said my part was no longer available. Also is it possible to get a used circuit board and a red crt. I don't know much about projection tv when I say circuit board I am referring to the full board that controls everything. I guess the motherboard. Please help.

(This post was edited by Gerry Bailey on Jan 10, 2005, 7:14 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.16 s on (CGI/1.1)