Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
Apex GB43HD09 Questions

speedracer0626
New User

Oct 16, 2010, 6:12 AM

Post #1 of 6 (1485 views)
Shortcut
Apex GB43HD09 Questions Can't Post

Hello all and just to say that this is the best forum I've found yet. I just read the changing CRT fluid front to back and the write up is awesome. Anyhoo, I was given this TV by a friend who said the power supply board is fried. Well he said it started humming first and then went out on him. As he was pulling it the board out he broke the board. I found a replacement here http://www.partstore.com/...8667200700T/New.aspx I have heard that these tvs have a problem with the boards overheating. My question is should I spend the money to fix it?

jts1957
Veteran

Oct 16, 2010, 11:24 AM

Post #2 of 6 (1480 views)
Shortcut
Re: [speedracer0626] Apex GB43HD09 Questions [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd Google that part number. Partstore generally NOT the cheapest.

-------------------------

speedracer0626
New User

Oct 16, 2010, 3:52 PM

Post #3 of 6 (1475 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Apex GB43HD09 Questions [In reply to] Can't Post

I can get it from Amazon and a few other places. All the places I checked are the same price. I found a UED.net, but can't get nothing to load other than the parts list, no discription or prices. What do you suggest JT? So I take it yeah it would be worth it to fix. Thanks JT

jts1957
Veteran

Oct 16, 2010, 6:50 PM

Post #4 of 6 (1470 views)
Shortcut

Well, if the original board is non-repairable, you'll need one to proceed forward anyway, and depending on how sure he was that the power supply is the culprit. The only thing left is did something else take the PS out (or did the PS take out something else when it failed)? Unimpressed

-------------------------

speedracer0626
New User

Oct 16, 2010, 7:54 PM

Post #5 of 6 (1467 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Apex GB43HD09 Questions [In reply to] Can't Post

As I was told, that lightning hit the house and the tv started humming. The guy that I got it from was going to fix it and never got around to doing it. He had the ps out and just laying there. If I hadn't broke my camera I would take pics. But everything looks good on the main board. I think I did see one leaky cap. I'm just curious as I have never messed with an apex, how clean the picture will be. I guess for $150 it would be worth it to have a HD set, maybe to hone my skills as well. From my friend that did electronics for a living, he said that "alot of apex sets are built from misc manufactures such as toshiba and sony parts, kind of like an AMC".

speedracer0626
New User

Oct 17, 2010, 12:59 AM

Post #6 of 6 (1464 views)
Shortcut

So the question is where is a cheaper place to find the board or do I have to spend the $150? I have found a bunch of sites that sell the board for $70 and up but they are out of stock.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)