Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
Cant adjust blue coverage on philips 60"

nixturbosix
New User

May 11, 2010, 2:00 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1331 views)
Shortcut
Cant adjust blue coverage on philips 60" Can't Post

I have a Philips 60" model 60pp9363h/17 that is about 5 years old. There is a blue fuzz around object especially when there is a lot of blue in the picture. So i tried to adjust it. I reset to factory, I went to manual coverage in the menu. I can adjust coverage red no problem. and under coverage blue i can adjust horizontally but not vertically. Then under multi-point once again red is no problem, but the blue i can adjust horizontally again, but no vertical. And in the top right corner the blue cross hair is distorted, like its bowed so even if i get it centered the legs of the cross hair will not align. Also in the whole lower have there are multiple blue cross hairs and all of them are very fuzzy. I am pretty new to projection TV's so is there something inside that needs to replaced if so how much? or adjusted is one of my projectors going bad? or does the coolant need to be replaced? or just need to be dusted? If anyone knows what is wrong or can point me in the right direction im all ears. thanks in advance.

jts1957
Veteran

May 11, 2010, 8:55 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1328 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nixturbosix] Cant adjust blue coverage on philips 60" [In reply to] Can't Post

Convergence ICs (bad) - bias resistors (open or changed value)

Convergence involves colors not laying on top of each other or not adjusting in one plane - Fuzzy could be contaminated coolant or focus adjustment.

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)