Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
HD working then not working

Mudkipz137
New User

Jan 10, 2011, 8:21 PM

Post #1 of 2 (2989 views)
Shortcut
HD working then not working Can't Post

First off, I'm new to the forums so hopefully I don't make myself look like too much of an idiot.

I bought a used 52" RCA HDTV|Monitor (projection) a couple weeks ago, and was pretty disappointed when I turned it on and the HD wasn't working. I've tested on a Blu-Ray player and my XBox 360, and messed around with the settings on both devices and the TV itself. The odd part is that occasionally we will turn the TV on and it will be perfect and crisp, with the HD working great (this isn't that often, maybe 1 in 5 times).
As I said before, I've tried all the settings on the TV, like the convergence, and looked in the picture menu for a HD output setting (nothing like that is there), but to no avail.

I'm kind of confused as to why HD would work sometimes, but not all the time on devices that are and are configured to be HD.

Any help appreciated!

Mudz

My partner in crime felt I was not accurate enough and wishes me to point out that when I say the 'HD is not working' the letters and words will be fuzzy, there's slight shadows that can be seen, etc--all of which haven't been fixed with the convergence menu.

(This post was edited by Mudkipz137 on Jan 10, 2011, 8:23 PM)

ManyaCarb
New User

Jan 24, 2011, 4:15 AM

Post #2 of 2 (2960 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mudkipz137] HD working then not working [In reply to] Can't Post

Was that way when you got the set from the place you bought it? If it has a convergence problem and you have some electronics knowledge I recommend you to do a search on this forum and read about it. Perhaps you could find some information that could help you to figure out what s wrong with your set. Convergence it s not an easy issue. Before doing any change I would suggest you to get well informed. All the best luck :)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)