Huskerman99
New User

Dec 13, 2004, 6:09 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1964 views)
Shortcut
Help--RCA Smoked/Sparked Dead Set CTC169 P60152 Can't Post

RCA chassis:CTC169

Model: P60152 (CKCG1)

Problem: Smoking and Sparks From front of set. Original location right where HV splitter is as well as screen/ focus module.

What I've done: Unit is already taken apart and on work bench. Fuse OK. HOT ok. Flyback ticks repeatedly (verified ticking from flyback from vibration to the touch) Wire from Flyback to splitter black.(is this normal on older PTV's or should be bright red??) Wire from HV split to Screen/Focus module looked like may have burnt CRT chassis that sits right behind S/F module. Lots of black dust (not normal gray dust) follows all HV wiresfrom FBT to HVsplit up to anodes and all over other wiring surrounding HV split. Considering replacing FBT, HV Splitter, and Screen/Focus Module.....Does that sound like a good idea? Should I replace ALL Wires up to anodes, or just make sure no burnt ends in HV split? Ideas on cause of problem?(don't want to blow up new FBT etc...)

Should I replace Caps in power supply? As listed in earlier post from another user by maier TV about 169 chassis?

Also, original part numbers NLA. RCA says use FBT 232191, but other forum posts indicate that is only for direct view and will burn resistor off of black lead so I ordered a 226094 which is a recommended # from other forum posts any knowledge of this would be great!!!, and I have ordered a HV split(RCA), and screen focus module ordered as well. Should I replace all of them?(I already ordered them).

Can attach pics of burns (slightly cleaned up) if needed.

Also, I how do you get the wires out of these splitters? is it a push and turn type of HV wire or what? Anyone?
DJ
A.A.S. Electronic Servicing
Working on BA in Electrical Engineering.

mikemaiertv
Enthusiast

Dec 15, 2004, 10:06 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1949 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Huskerman99] Help--RCA Smoked/Sparked Dead Set CTC169 P60152 [In reply to] Can't Post

Very common for the splitter to fail and that will be all that is wrong replace it with a new orginal one, getting a cheap splitter now only means you will replace it soon. ( 205064 )the leads if not to bad can be cleaned with acitone then they simply push in there should be a sticker neer the splitter showing this, and if following the sticker you find you no longer have the little rubber gromets do not worry about them we hardly ever use them with a new splitter
Mike Owens Owner Competition TV Spokane WA.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)