Help w/ hooking PC up to E44W46LCD TV

vlad
New User

Jan 11, 2005, 10:49 PM

Post #1 of 1 (1556 views)
Shortcut
Help w/ hooking PC up to E44W46LCD TV Can't Post

Hi,
I'd like to start a thread for all of us using the DVI input to hook a PC up to our E44W46LCD.

I just got this TV and hooked this up this week from an ATI Radeon 9200 across a 3m DVI cable.

After playing with it for a while (no idea what I was doing) I got a perfect full screen on my TV by settting the resolution to 1024x768. My PC is also set to the same. I could only get it to work as one continuous desktop (i.e. I had just wanted two versions of the same ONE desktop as opposed to an extended desktop).

Having said all that, I don't know if any of what I did with the resolution setttings are correct. Is there a way to acheive just one full desktop replicated on my TV but with the 16x9 resolution.

My main problem though is whenever I hook my DVI cable from my PC to my TV I get some kind of low humming noise whenever my TV is set to the Component 1 (which is my hdtv box) and I get two faint horizontal lines scrolling up the screen. Its some kind of interference, but I dont know if that means my video card is messed up, or if something isn't grounded properly, I'm new to all this, so any help with this and the general setup would be really appreciated. Thanks

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)