Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
Help with Panasonic SD-P5053

DantesRing
New User

Oct 7, 2004, 10:19 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1832 views)
Shortcut
Help with Panasonic SD-P5053 Can't Post

Helo everyone, New to forum and I need help!!
I have a Panasonic SD-P5053 (or SD-P5O53) and the picture is out of adjustment. It stretches near the top of the screen and there is no picture at the bottom 5" of screen. There is no other distortion (color or image) other than the stretch at top. It's as if the lenses shifted up and are aimed incorrectly. I removed the back of screen but nothing appeared to be out of place. The local shop will come out to look at it for $150.00, but I would like to know if there is anything I can do before I take this step. thanks in advance

Dante

mfavitta
New User

Nov 15, 2004, 2:59 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1765 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DantesRing] Help with Panasonic SD-P5053 [In reply to] Can't Post

No help, but it looks like this is becoming a fairly common problem. See the thread on SD-P5053 picture problems. It would be nice if someone figures this out......

mfavitta
New User

Nov 22, 2004, 7:13 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1746 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DantesRing] Help with Panasonic SD-P5053 [In reply to] Can't Post

Here's what I have been able to figure out so far..... The problem seems to be in the video deflection section since the picture is OK color and convergence wise. The entire VIDEO TUNER ASSY (part num AWV1175) which contains the video deflection section (as well as the tunner and control sections) is still available for the SD-P5053K from Pioneer for about $230 with shipping. I'm going to first give repairing the board a shot (replacing caps) if I can get a hold of the needed SD-4053 service manual as they are out of print from Pioneer, but seem to be available as copies from third parties. If that doesn't work out, then the big decision is to decide if it's worth the $230. The set is in great shape other than this annoying problem, so will probably go that far to fix. The fact the board is one of the few boards still available from Pioneer and that they want the old one back ($150 core charge) tells me that they expect to be selling more than one of these.....

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)