Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
Hitachi 50UX22BA Ultravision

dbd5000
New User

Nov 12, 2004, 12:29 AM

Post #1 of 2 (3312 views)
Shortcut
Hitachi 50UX22BA Ultravision Can't Post

Having convergence problems like everyone else. I have the blue halo effect. Looking in the convergence grid the blue lines have the droops and will not move back up. Does seem that the blue lines will move farther down, but not up. When you run the Magic Focus you can see green & red do their thing, but blue blinks a lot longer and doesn't really do anything.

Here is what I have done so far.

Replaced all three ic's (STK4274) identical to what was removed.

Checked all resistors as per service manual. Nothing found wrong.

When I turned the set on is was no better or worst. Checked the convergence grid (identical problem)

Looking for more insight as the service manual doesn't help a lot.

The set has been really good and hate to throw out. Besides the blue halo, the picture still looks good.

Thanks for any input

Denny

(This post was edited by dbd5000 on Nov 15, 2004, 8:47 PM)

dbd5000
New User

Nov 17, 2004, 2:56 AM

Post #2 of 2 (3279 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dbd5000] Hitachi 50UX22BA Ultravision [In reply to] Can't Post

Well it looks as though I will be ordering a Hitachi 57S715 Ultravision to replace the sick unit. I do plan on keeping my 50UX22BA and trying to fix as time goes along. I do have another question for people in the know. Looking at the set with the drooping blue lines that I can not adjust I have found something that looks strange to me. Since I have already done the stk's and checked resistors, I thought I would throw this out for some input. Looking further into the set I have found/notice a difference in the crt's. The red and green units are a very vivid looking color at the glass end. The blue crt doesn't seem to really have much of a color at all. Seems to be more of a washed out light gray color that you can pretty well see thru to the inside. Does anyone familiar with the crts think the blue crt took the dump and is creating the problem. I have the service manual and prints and will keep plugging along.

Thanks for any input

Take care

Denny

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)