Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
Hitachi 50UX58B convergence help, please

carolinecal
New User

Sep 12, 2004, 6:20 PM

Post #1 of 3 (9932 views)
Shortcut
Hitachi 50UX58B convergence help, please Can't Post

My Hitachi 50ux58b was working just fine yesterday, then last night it suddenly looked as if all the colors were out of alignment. I did the magic focus feature, but this didn't help in the least. We got to the align center screen, but were unable to move the "+" signs. My husband has opened the front panel, but there are 6 knobs with no labels. Any suggestions? I've read other posts about adjusting the alignment with the remote, but the PIP button doesn't do anything on mine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Maxima SE
New User

Sep 12, 2004, 7:39 PM

Post #2 of 3 (9896 views)
Shortcut
Re: [carolinecal] Hitachi 50UX58B convergence help, please [In reply to] Can't Post

Carolinecal, here's something you can try. I can't guarantee that it will fix the focus feature, but it's a start. With the front panel taken off, there is 6 unmarked knobs. The top three is to adjust the colors; the bottom three is to focus the colors. The buttons are as follows: Red, Green, Blue. That means that the button towards your left would adjust the red and the button towards your right would adjust the blue.

With that said, hit the Magic Focus button once on your TV and as the "Magic Focus" words pass by, note the focus of each color. If anyone of them is blurry, than that is the lens that is out of focus. For instance, if the red "Magic Focus" word is blurry, than what you want to try to do is on the second time you press the Magic Focus button, adjust the red focus (bottom set of knobs) knob so that the word is clear. Do this for every color and see if there is any difference.

Like I said before, this is not guaranteed to work, but it has helped me couple of times, especially with Hitachi TVs. If you find any information on fixing the focus, please let me know for I am in the process of fixing my own Hitachi TV. Thanks

carolinecal
New User

Sep 13, 2004, 1:48 PM

Post #3 of 3 (9882 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Maxima SE] Hitachi 50UX58B convergence help, please [In reply to] Can't Post

Maxima,

Thanks for the advice. We did try using the magic focus and the knobs. (They were just as you said they would be Smile). It didn't fix my immediate problem, though. There is a blue shadow about two inches off to the right of the "main image", and a yellow shadow about two inches off to the left of the image. Very frustrating, since it did seemingly happen spontaneously, with no apparent cause.

Any other advice? (Other than a $400 service call?)

Thanks!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)