Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
Hitachi 53SDX89BA

scubadon
New User

Jun 9, 2003, 10:53 AM

Post #1 of 5 (5957 views)
Shortcut
Hitachi 53SDX89BA Can't Post

TV powers on with a click (normal) then no picture no sound. Can anyone help with possible problems and possible repair cost ? thanks

MaierTV
User

Jun 9, 2003, 11:10 PM

Post #2 of 5 (5934 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scubadon] Hitachi 53SDX89BA [In reply to] Can't Post

These SDX seris have been know for convegance Ic failer

If thet burn the small fusses they load the powersupply shutting the set down

jarasan
New User

Oct 22, 2004, 7:52 PM

Post #3 of 5 (5433 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MaierTV] Hitachi 53SDX89BA [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey MaierTV I think I may have a related problem on a Hitachi 52udx10ba projection tv. Symptom is same comes on then shuts off immediatly. I have isolated the problem to convergence (deflection circuits), If I pull any one of the three deflection coils I get green LEDS if all three are plugged, in symptom returns, I replaced the 2sc5681 deflection transistor to no avail. The tv is so new I can't obtain the schemat. I am going to obtain the convergence IC. and replace it, just out of curiosity what is the number on the chip to see if I have the same. Thank You.
Jarasan

mikemaiertv
Enthusiast

Oct 22, 2004, 10:29 PM

Post #4 of 5 (5418 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jarasan] Hitachi 53SDX89BA [In reply to] Can't Post

The most comon fail again on these is the convergance Ic's youres will be the STK392-110 and these are fused with micro fuses but because your set sound as if it is going into over current shutdown because one or more of these Ic's are shorted and drawning exesive current, this usaly means the fuses are good, chenge both Ic's and see where you get
Mike Owens Owner Competition TV Spokane WA.

jarasan
New User

Dec 7, 2004, 10:55 PM

Post #5 of 5 (5265 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mikemaiertv] Hitachi 53SDX89BA [In reply to] Can't Post

The symptom of immediate shutdown was on the deflection board, the flyback and HOT was replaced, and the TV came back to life. Jarasan.
Jarasan

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)