Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
Hitachi 53uwx10ba Ultravision convergence, now new problem

Brooks Younce
New User

Dec 12, 2004, 9:56 PM

Post #1 of 1 (7625 views)
Shortcut
Hitachi 53uwx10ba Ultravision convergence, now new problem Can't Post

I was working on a friends Hitachi TV with the Common convergence problem. They purchased the STK932-110 convergence amplifier chips from MCM electronics, I replaced the 2 chips for them, When I tried to powered up the TV the power light flashed a steady 1hz cycle, as well as 2 green LEDs on the center main board inside the TV, a power resistor that connects to the Blue Gun then slowly started turning black. I think is was a 2.3ohm or a 3.2 ohm. One end of the power resistor tied to the PCB ground and the other end tied to the center pin of the 3 closely spaced pins which make up the 4 terminal male PCB mounted connector for the Blue Gun. I quickly disconnected the power and took the Convergence board back out and Inspected it very throughly. All my work was fine. The resistor that was burning was now totaly open. I asked my friend about where he got the parts, it was then he informed me that they gave him the parts in a Brown Paper Lunch Bag, Not a anti-static bag. And that was how they had been transported to the top of his TV where I found them.
Question is: does anyone know what the defective convergence amplifier could have fried besides that resistor, is the Blue gun now bad, what does the 2 blinking green LED's on the center main board mean (board which has the flyback/hi-voltage coil)?
Please help, thanks

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)