Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
Hitachi 60V715 lamp replacement

wbates
New User

Dec 30, 2011, 8:15 PM

Post #1 of 4 (2954 views)
Shortcut
Hitachi 60V715 lamp replacement Can't Post

I am trying to replace a lamp on the 60V715 and have tried 2 different replacement lamps. When I put the lamps in I get a blinking red light on the front panel that indicates the lamp is the wrong type. The lamps have been the replacement for the LM500 that is currently in the TV which gives me yellow spots on the screen. Any suggestions as to a fix? Thanks

kuhurdler
User

Jan 4, 2012, 3:16 PM

Post #2 of 4 (2942 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wbates] Hitachi 60V715 lamp replacement [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not sure why your new lamps aren't working, but I would've suspected a bad light engine if you are having yellow spots appear.

-RiddledTV.com
http://www.riddledtv.com/forums/

Repair man
Enthusiast

Jan 11, 2012, 3:29 AM

Post #3 of 4 (2911 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wbates] Hitachi 60V715 lamp replacement [In reply to] Can't Post

OK this is going to be a problem with one of the LCD screens in your TV (part of the light engine)...

There are 3 miniature LCD screens (1 for Red, 1 for Green & 1 for Blue) & usually the blue one goes bad; the Blue color is such a high wavelength of light it bombards & destroys either the LCD screen or the small polarizer lens in front of the screen. This eventually happens on all DLP TVs but is VERY common with Hitachi.

I repair them all the time at my shop but it is very time consuming so if you take it to a shop you can expect a high labour charge.

There are not many techs that change these screens, most just change the entire light engine ($1000 & up). It's too bad labour costs have gotten so high because ultimately this is just one small part about 2 inch square & your set would be as good as new.

Nearly the entire TV has to be taken apart to get to the screens & polarizer I'm talking about.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

wbates
New User

Jan 12, 2012, 6:12 AM

Post #4 of 4 (2903 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Repair man] Hitachi 60V715 lamp replacement [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the info. I think I may just move on to a new set given the complexity and expense of repair.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.16 s on (CGI/1.1)