Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
How to Fix problem in Toshiba TV Model No : 42HM66

tester2
New User

Nov 14, 2011, 10:28 PM

Post #1 of 7 (2937 views)
Shortcut
How to Fix problem in Toshiba TV Model No : 42HM66 Can't Post

Hi guys i need your help , i got Toshiba Model No : 42HM66, when i power ON TV it work for 25-30 minutes, then turn power OFF by itself (while power OFF, i notice a sound from inside the TV like a Ambulance Alarm sound hearing),. So this TV work 30 minutes with in 24 hours or per day.
So i like to know, do i have to open cover behind this TV to fix this problem. Or this is 100% confirm based on your experiense the LAMP need to replace. I am totally to new in this things, so I can't rectify the problem.
Please some one help me to rectify the problem in this TV. I will cooprate in this Give me a work then I open cover & check parts one by one what ever you are asking, and i will post back the result here. Hope in this way the problem can be rectify eassly based on the experience of you guys.
Please remember picture quality is excalent, so i don't want to through out this TV, there is no problem at all, only the problem work for 30 minutes then picture start blinking then finally turn OFF by itself.

Hope fully waiting for your replies.

tester2
New User

Nov 17, 2011, 9:05 PM

Post #2 of 7 (2919 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tester2] How to Fix problem in Toshiba TV Model No : 42HM66 [In reply to] Can't Post

hi guys can any body let me know, how to fix problem in this TV.

Thanks

cdoublejj
New User

Nov 17, 2011, 9:10 PM

Post #3 of 7 (2917 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tester2] How to Fix problem in Toshiba TV Model No : 42HM66 [In reply to] Can't Post

sounds like the safety circuit is kicking, if it even has one.

In Reply To

tester2
New User

Nov 17, 2011, 11:14 PM

Post #4 of 7 (2914 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cdoublejj] How to Fix problem in Toshiba TV Model No : 42HM66 [In reply to] Can't Post

how much it cost & where i can buy Safety Circuit, & where it is located inside this TV. Is this possible to replace, if i bought one.
If this part is cheap then i will give a try.
Thanks.

cdoublejj
New User

Nov 17, 2011, 11:52 PM

Post #5 of 7 (2911 views)
Shortcut

io said the safety circuit is probably whats shutting the TV off, that's what it's meant to do shut the TV off when a something breaks so the TV doesn't hurt it's self. I HIGHLY suggest you have professional fix it, i think you might just end up making things worse.

tester2
New User

Nov 18, 2011, 4:34 AM

Post #6 of 7 (2909 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cdoublejj] How to Fix problem in Toshiba TV Model No : 42HM66 [In reply to] Can't Post

thank again for your reply,
so i should not spend time on this TV to fix this problem, just i have to think to buy another tv.
Thanks.

cdoublejj
New User

Nov 18, 2011, 4:39 AM

Post #7 of 7 (2908 views)
Shortcut

It's not that but, by the way you ask your question i can tell you don't have have the skill required for the task at hand. i have some experience and I can't even get mine working.

Like when i mentioned the safety circuit was kicking on and shutting down the TV you automatically assumed i meant that's what was wrong with it instead of questioning WHY the safety circuit was shutting the TV down.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)