Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
I would love some help with Sony KP-53V35

BoominSVX
New User

Mar 9, 2005, 12:20 AM

Post #1 of 1 (1354 views)
Shortcut
I would love some help with Sony KP-53V35 Can't Post

I bought this TV from a fellow at a local repair shop. I didn't pay much for it because he had fixed it for a customer who never picked it up. I brought it home, set it up and everything was great.....for a week. Out of the blue it started to turn off on me while watching it. It got to the point where it would turn off every time I was watching it. Then one day it just shut off and wouldn't come back on. (Appx 2 weeks later) I called the repair shop back and asked if he could look at it. He came down and put in a new "Flyback Transformer" i believe he called it, but to no avail. He gave me my money back and said do what you'd like with it because he couldn't waste the money to fix it. Now 6 months later, I finally got around to it. I looked the G board over, but found no issues visible to me. If I plug it in, I get 3 clicks out of it with no sound and no picture. It turns itself on and right back off. The standby light flashes forever sometimes, and not at all others. Any ideas? I'd love to get this thing fixed. Sorry this is so long, but I want everything I can remember out for diagnosis. Thanks friends, Mike AKA Dead in the water. Unsure

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)