Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
JVC AV-48WP74 Clock issues

Hazardsneon
User

Nov 28, 2011, 8:47 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1884 views)
Shortcut
JVC AV-48WP74 Clock issues Can't Post

I am having a problem with the clock setting. I feel a little embarrassed posting this question but I feel I am a more advanced trouble shooter and I can't seem to set the clock right on my JVC AV-48WP74 TV. I have the owner's manual and the service manual. I've done exactly what the owner's manual says and on-screen prompts and it doesn't keep time. Also, the sleep timer doesn't work. I have a feeling that these problems are inter-related. When setting the time, there is a manual mode and an auto mode. When ever I set it to the auto mode it says that the clock isn't set. When I set it to the manual mode and manually set the clock it keeps the time that I enter but it never changes. Any ideas? I'm guessing there is a problem with the RTC but I figured I would throw this out here before I start probing if it is a user error. Thanks!!

Ron.M
Veteran

Nov 28, 2011, 10:20 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1879 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hazardsneon] JVC AV-48WP74 Clock issues [In reply to] Can't Post

Hazardsneon;.....

I'm not that familiar with this model TV , but , I'll try my best to help....
I downloaded your manual...
From what I understand , the "Sleep Timer" will NOT work till the clock is set...
On page 19 it tells you how to set the clock....
I presume you did all of that...
However one crucial step you may be overlooking is the "Start Clock" ....
When you get to "Start Clock" press "OK" on the remote & that should start the clock...
Let us know if that works...

Good Luck...Sly....

Later...Ron.M....Cool...
Veteran & Retired TV technician

Hazardsneon
User

Nov 28, 2011, 10:28 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1877 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ron.M] JVC AV-48WP74 Clock issues [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm pretty sure that I did that but I will try it again tonight and post back asap. Thanks for the reply!

Hazardsneon
User

Nov 29, 2011, 7:47 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1869 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hazardsneon] JVC AV-48WP74 Clock issues [In reply to] Can't Post

I set the time, pressed "OK" to start the clock, it thanked me and it is still sitting at the same time that I set it about 6 minutes ago. I looked on the schematics and I couldn't find an RTC frequency crystal. I will be looking into the AC input circuitry to see if it is tapping the 60Hz for the RTC.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.16 s on (CGI/1.1)