Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
KP-57HW40 Dont want it to die :( 6 blinker

Elfmaze
New User

Aug 16, 2010, 5:39 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1009 views)
Shortcut
KP-57HW40 Dont want it to die :( 6 blinker Can't Post

I was Looking around for answers to my tv's issues and Ron.M's post sounded like he could really help me out or at least has the knowledge to tell me if its fixable. I hate the throw it out mentality over here in the states.
In Ron's post here i get that my issue is:
  • Six blinks - No Horizontal (H STOP), no raster, goes to the blinking self-diagnosis function immediately. Check C515 & 516 and the jungle IC, IC206.
    http://www.tv-forums.com/...ed_tube_only_P57464/
    My symptoms are the TV will start and run fine. After about a half an hour to 2 hours the screen will start picking up some green tint and retrace lines can be seen very lightly. I have tuned these out with the voltage adjustment knob. BUT every once in a while the set will get a green flash across the screen that will make it shut it self down. possible heat issue?
    The local repair guys will not even give me advice, they will not even touch it.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP ANYONE CAN PROVIDE! :)

• jts1957
    Veteran

Aug 16, 2010, 8:03 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1007 views)
    Shortcut
    Re: [Elfmaze] KP-57HW40 Dont want it to die :( 6 blinker [In reply to] Can't Post

You did read that H. Stop kills the horizontal (high voltage) and therefore the raster (also known as NO light on CRT face)?

By "voltage adjustment knob" I presume you mean the G2/Screen control(s).

IF green flash / shut down can be described as a VIVID green screen with retrace (with washed out or NO video) then shuts down ... CRT could have intermittent short.

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)