Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Projection TV Forum:
KP-ER43M31 light flashes 6 times =O

MadPlayerx
New User

Jun 7, 2011, 2:41 AM

Post #1 of 4 (3464 views)
Shortcut
KP-ER43M31 light flashes 6 times =O Can't Post

Hi i am having a issue with my tv KP-ER43M31 , i cant seem to find any info about the particular model, anyways i just bought it its quite old, but has excellent picture , every time i turn it on the standby light flashes 6times. then it turns on sometimes i have to press the channel button to turn it on after i press the power button. Is this a issue i should worry about or is it normal? if so should i get it fixed before any more damage is done?

Ron.M
Veteran

Jun 8, 2011, 12:38 AM

Post #2 of 4 (3454 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MadPlayerx] KP-ER43M31 light flashes 6 times =O [In reply to] Can't Post

MadPlayerx;.....

i cant seem to find any info about the particular model

Funny , had NO problem finding any info on your set....(Called "Googling")
Try this;=>....
http://www.google.com/...aqi=&aql=&oq=

• Six blinks - No Horizontal (H STOP), no raster, goes to the blinking self-diagnosis function immediately. Check C515 & 516 and the jungle IC, IC206.

NOT neccessarily the above faults...

So to answer your question , YES , I'd worry about it...

How much electronic/TV repair background experience do you have ????..
    You will need soldering/desoldering etc experience also...

GOOD LUCK....Sly.....

Later...Ron.M....Cool...

• Veteran & Retired TV technician

MadPlayerx
    New User

Jun 8, 2011, 3:03 AM

Post #3 of 4 (3450 views)
    Shortcut
    Re: [Ron.M] KP-ER43M31 light flashes 6 times =O [In reply to] Can't Post

ok i do admit that i did search that and found alot of information but i didn't understand it so i came to this forum to get a little understanding if not alot..

i do have some experience soldering i used to build computers for a job also.
    . Can you explain what this means or do i have to take it into a shop and tell them the problem?
    : Six blinks - No Horizontal (H STOP), no raster, goes to the blinking self-diagnosis function immediately. Check C515 & 516 and the jungle IC, IC206...

Ron.M
    Veteran

Jun 8, 2011, 4:29 PM

Post #4 of 4 (3444 views)
    Shortcut
    Re: [MadPlayerx] KP-ER43M31 light flashes 6 times =O [In reply to] Can't Post

MadPlayerx;.....

IF (As you finally fessed up) you found a lot of info you did not understand & you do not understand the info I got for the 6 blinks , you will have problems fixing this set yourself...
    Sorry to say it , but NO adjustment you can make using either the remote OR front panel pushbuttons will fix this...
    There most likely are bad connections &/OR bad parts involved...
    And , NO OFFENSE , I feel you lack the experience & know how to do the work involved....
    Computers are a different animal to mess with compared to TVs...
    So my best advice is to call in an HONEST , reliable & trustworthy TV tech & try to get a "free" estimate...

I wouldn't mention this to them as the dollar signs will light up "Broadway" IF you do;=>....

: Six blinks - No Horizontal (H STOP), no raster, goes to the blinking self-diagnosis function immediately. Check C515 & 516 and the jungle IC, IC206...

Just tell them about the "6 blinks" & leave the "No Horizontal (H STOP), etc,etc" out of the conversation...

GOOD LUCK....Sly.....

Have a GREAT day & week.....Sly....

Later....Ron.M....Cool...
    Veteran & Retired TV technician

(This post was edited by Ron.M on Jun 8, 2011, 4:38 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)